Zahin Schmartz is a dwarf with a nasal condition and a dentist who moves into the house vacated by Detective Raymond Maarloeve's untimely death. He collects teeth, and sniffs a lot. During Chapter III, he can be found either at his residence, or wandering about town. He seems to particularly enjoy chatting with the vendors on Merchant Street in the Temple Quarter. He can also be found in Old Vizima in Chapter V, inhabiting an empty (former executioner's) tower just beside the hole in the wall that leads to the swamp cemetery.
Once you have brought him all the types of teeth, jaws and fangs possible, he gives you the finest steel sword in the game. He wants or will accept:
- a beast fang, he already has some of these but will pay anyway.
- a barghest skull
- an alp's fang
- a tooth from a devourer
- a cemetaur's jaw
- a fleder's fang
- the tooth of the famous fist fighter, Zdenek.
Associated quest Edit
- His name, "Zahin Schmartz" is most likely a joke pointing to the German word "Zahnschmerz", meaning toothache.
- He says he is allergic to the herbs used in anesthetics, so doesn't use any on his patients.
- After bringing him Alp teeth, he states that Alps inject their victims with a type of (presumably non-herbal) anesthesia, and that he may be able to come up with something that doesn't aggravate his allergies.