The witch hunts lasted four years, beginning in 1272 and ending in 1276 , during which most of the sorceresses from the Lodge and other magic organizations, and any other allegedly "objectionable" mages were killed. Later healers, nonhumans and herbalists were also killed. Most victims were burned at the stake or impaled. It is unclear if the pogrom was lead by the Church of the Eternal Fire and followers of Kreve, or kingslayers and other reactionaries.The instigators of the witch hunts were hierarch Cyrus Engelkind Hemmelfart , the priest Willemer  and Radovid V, the king of Redania, but Emhyr var Emreis stood by and did nothing to stop them . The hunters included, naturally Witch hunters and Knights of the Flaming Rose . However, in this world, nothing is black and white and thus not every mage was helpless and innocent and not every hunter / knight was a sadistic devil.
Later in 14th and 15th centuries, this period and the Northern Wars were labelled get as a Dark Age in the chronicles and the Lodge was rehabilitated and elevated to the status of saints and martyrs. .
- Sheala de Tancarville  or 
- Philippa Eilhart  (partially, as she was not killed, only blinded)
- Margarita Laux-Antille (partially, as she was not killed, only tortured)
- Felicia Cori 
- Sabrina Glevissig 
- Keira Metz  (optionally)
Alchemists & herbalists
Notes & references Edit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Lady of the Lake novel
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt game
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings game
- ↑ Not direct victim of Witch hunt, but died by hand of Henselt of Kaedwen.
- ↑ Possibly in the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt game