Meet at the Alchemy Inn Edit
After Geralt retrieves the violet rose, he goes to meet Olgierd at the Alchemy Inn. When he arrives, he finds Gaunter O'Dimm instead. As a drunk stands between Geralt and the merchant, O'Dimm stops time and Geralt speaks with him. O'Dimm tells Geralt that in order to fulfill the remainder of their contract, Geralt has to bring Olgierd to meet with him at the Temple of Lilvani. O'Dimm leaves, but not before killing the drunk for interrupting their meeting, and once time starts again, Geralt speaks to one of Olgierd's comrades, whom Geralt tells to inform Olgierd to meet at the temple. The man tells Geralt that Shani wants to see him.
Final Goodbyes Edit
If Geralt chooses to meet with Shani, he finds her preparing to leave for the front lines to help as a medic for the soldiers. Geralt asks her if she found anything about Olgierd, she says she found someone who might know about him, a Professor Premethine Shakeslock.
When they reach the Academy, Shani will convince the guards to allow her inside, and she will help Geralt get into the building. Once Geralt breaks into the residence, the support beams begin to rot. He finds the blind professor in a protective circle. At first, Shakeslock thinks Geralt was sent by O'Dimm, but relaxes after Geralt tells him he is a witcher.
He asks him about Olgierd and Shakeslock says Olgierd sought him out to find out about O'Dimm and how to banish the being. Geralt learns that Olgierd wanted to marry Iris, but he needed to be high status to be accepted by her family, so he made a deal with O'Dimm. O'Dimm agreed to the deal, but at the price of Vlodimir's life, after which his heart went cold and his marriage fell apart.
He tells Geralt that to defeat O'Dimm, one must challenge O'Dimm to a game of wits, with one's soul at stake. After he tells Geralt, the beams begin to collapse. The professor slips on a bottle and breaks his neck. After the meeting, Geralt can meet Shani for one last goodbye and they leave as friends.
In the Temple of Lilvani Edit
Geralt meets Olgierd at the temple, where he delivers the violet rose, fulfilling the third wish. O'Dimm appears in the moon light and informs Olgierd that he has fulfilled their contract by granting three wishes and meeting on the moon (revealing a moon portrait on the ground beneath them). If Geralt did not meet Shakeslock, O'Dimm claims the Olgierd's soul, but if Geralt did meet Shakeslock, he has a chance to stop O'Dimm and challenge the fiend for both their souls.
Contract Fulfilled Edit
Should Geralt allow Master Mirror to take Olgierd's soul (whether or not Geralt met with Shakeslock), he will allow Geralt to ask for a boon (though Geralt can reject the offer):
- To be as swift as the wind
- Never go hungry again
- A bottle of vodka that's always full
- Money (5000 Crowns)
- Geralt can ask him to find Ciri, though O'Dimm will say it is beyond even his power. He will give Geralt advice on how to save Ciri from an unnamed danger:
- Making Ciri laugh when she feels defeated.
- To allow Ciri to vent her frustration when she is betrayed.
- When she wants to grieve a friend, that Geralt should grieve with her.
- When Ciri is scared, Geralt should encourage her, but not act in her stead.
- That Geralt never makes Ciri feel like he sold her out.
Once the two finish their business, O'Dimm departs.
Journal entry Edit
- Having completed all of Olgierd von Everec's wishes, Geralt went to the Alchemy Inn, where he was to meet with the ataman's representative...
- With Shani's help, Geralt was able to enter the Academy grounds and speak to a certain Professor Shakeslock, who had earlier helped Olgierd in his attempts to break the pact with Master Mirror. The professor revealed that O'Dimm can be cheated – one need simply propose a wager, and, as an inveterate gambler, he might just agree to take you up on it.
- Professor Shakeslock also gave Geralt an idea how to save Shani...
- Geralt took Professor Shakeslock's advice and proposed a wager to Master Mirror. Mirror agreed, but only if it was played out on his terms. He transported Geralt to a strange, dark world and made him solve a riddle. Geralt, who has always had a keen mind for such puzzles, soon found the solution and defeated Gaunter O'Dimm. Was this the last our world will ever see of him? No man can say...
- If Geralt chooses to save Olgierd:
- What mattered most at the moment, however, was that Olgierd von Everec was safe, and the pact which had bound him had been dissolved.
- If Geralt chooses to leave Olgierd's fate to Gaunter O'Dimm:
- Meet Olgierd's man at the Alchemy Inn
- Meet Olgierd at the Temple of Lilvani
- (Optional) Talk to Shani at her home
- (Optional) Follow Shani to the Academy
- (Optional) Enter the Academy grounds
- (Optional) Enter Professor Shakeslock's house
- Find the solution to Master Mirror's riddle