Quest Description Edit
A human and a dwarf are arguing outside of a warehouse they share accusing each other of placing a monster inside the structure. Geralt can decide whether or not to intervene and discover the truth of the matter.
From the Novigrad Docks fast travel point (while viewing the map), follow both roads that go south of the Boat marker. Go left toward the second largest building on the curve, which should be behind the warehouse. Approach a group of guards listening to a man and a dwarf arguing and talk to view the cutscene for this quest.
Enter the warehouse via the door with a set of stairs on either side of it. Inside you will find a single monster. Slay it, then use your Witcher senses if you wish to investigate further. You will find a gutted dog in front of the locked door, and to the left a pile of metal which used to be a cage with its bars sawn off. Geralt will comment on his findings and mention the particular size of the footprints, which appear to be dwarven. Exit the warehouse and talk to the quest giver. Respond to the guard, telling him that you took care of the monster.
- If you tell the guard you do not know how the monster got in, he will talk about taking the matter up with the Captain.
- If you tell him you found a cage, he will ask who let it escape.
- "The man." He will protest that the nonhumans were working together and gets hauled away. The dwarf then chortles, saying that the man wasn't a racist, he just talked tough. When Geralt questions him further, the dwarf admits that the human wasn't smart enough to concoct a plan like that, then goes on his way.
- "The dwarf." He will deny the accusation and is taken away. The man remarks that he can't wait to watch the dwarf hang and that he will need help getting onto the stool.
- This quest must be completed as soon as it is obtained, since straying too far away from the warehouse will cause it to fail.
- The reward will remain the same no matter which of the two you accuse of placing the monster in the warehouse.