Journal Entry Edit
- Geralt can hardly spend a day in even the most seemingly idyllic village without being asked to kill a monster, so it should come as no surprise such requests came to him in Novigrad as well. On one occasion he was asked to clean a warehouse of nekkers. The two owners - a man and a dwarf - blamed each other for attracting the monsters there in a plot to gain sole control over the building.
Along the back wall of Harborside district, a human and a dwarf are arguing outside of a warehouse they share, accusing each other of placing a monster inside the building. Geralt can decide whether or not to intervene and discover the truth of the matter. Their location is just north of the Loggers' Hut fast travel post.
If you agree to take care of the monster, enter the warehouse to find a single nekker. Slay it, then use your Witcher Senses to investigate further. You will find a gutted dog in front of the locked door, and to the left a pile of metal which used to be a cage with its bars sawed off. Geralt will comment on his findings and mention the particular size of the footprints, which appear to be dwarven. Exit the warehouse and talk to the guard, telling him that you took care of the monster.
- If you tell the guard you do not know how the monster got in, he will talk about taking the matter up with the Captain.
- If you tell him you found a cage, he will ask who let it escape.
- "The man." He will protest that the nonhumans were working together and gets hauled away. The dwarf then chortles, saying that the man wasn't a racist, he just talked tough. When Geralt questions him further, the dwarf admits that the human wasn't smart enough to concoct a plan like that, then goes on his way.
- "The dwarf." He will deny the accusation and is taken away. The man remarks that he can't wait to watch the dwarf hang and that he will need help getting onto the stool.
- Kill the monster.
- Tell the guardsman what happened in the warehouse.
- This quest must be completed as soon as it is obtained, since straying too far away from the warehouse will cause it to fail.
- The reward will remain the same no matter which of the two you accuse of placing the monster in the warehouse.