The vodyanoi are intelligent underwater dwellers. Vodyanoi warriors are the stronger variety who protect other, weaker vodyanoi, like the priests.
see also: Vodyanoi priests
- "The sight of vodyanoi warriors striding ashore is a sign that a transgression has been committed against the fishpeople — either the border to an underwater kingdom has been crossed or a taboo under one of the many vodyanoi religions has been violated. The warriors' primary duty is to guard the underwater kingdom, though when necessary they leave their domain to seek justice for some perceived harm. Both tasks are performed with precision and emotionlessly. They do not hesitate to sacrifice their lives in service to the powers of the Deep."
- A Description of the Vodyanoi or the Fishpeople
- The female Innkeeper in Chapter IV will talk to Geralt about Vodyanoi, specifically mentioning priests and Stones of Ys. The conversation, however, unlocks only Vodyanoi warriors and their possible remains, not priests.
- You can meet a vodyanoi warrior as early as Chapter II, during the quest A Long Way from Home, or at midnight by the Vodyanoi altar.
- They may well be the same creatures as the "warriors of Ys" described in Sword of Destiny by Andrzej Sapkowski.