Verden is one of the minor forces in the Northern Kingdoms, located at the very mouth of the river Yaruga, with Kerack and Brokilon on its northern borders, and Cintra in the south, just on the other side of the river.
National emblems Edit
The first coat of arms for Verden was described in the novels and was designed based on that description. The second COA, after the Nilfgaardian conquest, is not described in the novels. Both coats of arms were designed by our resident heraldry and Witcher expert Mboro.
Notable residents Edit
Cities and keeps Edit
- Nastrog, Rozrog and Bodrog - three mighty fortresses protecting the mouth of Yaruga
- Hamm, Freixenet's barony
Regions and landmarks Edit
- Verden in both Norwegian and Danish means "world".
- In Lower Saxony, Germany there is city named Verden.
- Near the modern-day town Charlemagne reputedly had 4000 Saxons killed in the so-called "Massacre of Verden" in 782 AD.
- the non-canonical short story Something Ends, Something Begins mentions former king Herwig who abdicated twelve years ago in favour of his nephew Brennan, called the Good. It contradicts the canon books, where the country is ruled by kings Ervyll and Kistrin.