Release of the game is expected to be in Q1 2012.
Here's an excerpt from the press article:
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, and CD Projekt RED, developers of the blockbuster Witcher franchise of video games, announced a distribution agreement for the upcoming Xbox 360 release of “The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings” in North America.
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will distribute “The Witcher 2” on Xbox 360, contributing sales and marketing resources.
- The console version of “The Witcher 2” is an adaptation of the hit RPG fantasy game on PC.
- “We have added significant enhancements to the Xbox 360 version of ‘The Witcher 2,’ going far beyond simply editing the code to run on a new platform. Thanks to one of the world's newest game engines, the RED Engine, it will be one of the best-looking games ever released on Xbox 360,” said Adam Kiciński, President, CD Projekt RED.
- The story is dedicated to mature players and offers over 40 hours of non-linear gameplay. Starting from four possible beginnings, “The Witcher 2” leads players through different gameplay paths to 16 different endings making it one of the most non-linear and complex storylines ever brought to the console market.
- Additionally, the game features a dynamic combat system, which fuses battles with RPG mechanics, giving access to a vast array of different fighting tactics.
- “We are very pleased to partner with CD Projekt RED to bring ‘The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings’ to consoles in the United States, Canada and Mexico,” said Kevin Kebodeaux, Senior Vice President, Sales Americas, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “Witcher is a AAA franchise that fits well with our strategic distribution of high quality games, making it a great addition to our 2012 line-up in North America.”
- “We are sure that this partnership with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, with its strong position in the entertainment sector and particularly in the video and games distribution market in North America, will help us to achieve even bigger success in the most important market for Xbox 360 games. This is also a big distinction for us, that Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment recognizes ‘The Witcher 2’ as a rare example of a game with world-class production values, which merges a very ambitious and complex approach with big commercial potential,” said Adam Kiciński.