The first patch for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is available right now.
The patch will not be available via the game launcher. Users must update their games manually.
- Fixed the free Troll Trouble DLC download. It is now included in the patch so there's no need to download and install it separately.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some users from downloading other free DLCs (the ones given out with some pre-orders, special promotions, etc). The launcher now properly refreshes the list of available DLCs and allows for installation.
- Performance improvements: approximately 5% to 30% better framerate and faster game loading for many users, depending on their individual systems and game versions. Owners of retail versions can expect the biggest improvements.
- Fixed random crashes occurring on some systems, especially after saving and loading saves.
- Key mapping — allows the arrow and number keys to be used for movement.
- Added the option to invert the mouse.
- nVidia surround vision now works properly.
- More accurate assessment provided by the "auto-detect settings" option will help improve game performance.
- Removed a bug that prevented completion of the "Blood Curse" quest.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the additional link in "Extras" from being unlocked after winning the dice game against the GOG.com monk.
- GOG.com credits now work properly.