On August 10 2011 hotfix 1.35 for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings has been released. More information is available on official website.
- We have just released a Hotfix addressing certain issues that might have been caused by the Patch 1.3. Major problems addressed by this hotfix include: shadows not being displayed correctly in 3D Vision and Steam achievements not being registered. Full list of changes and more information about the hotfix itself can be found here.
Here is the full list of changes:
- Issue with shadows in 3D Vision mode has been resolved.
- Screenshots to savegames made in 3D Vision are now visible in load menu.
- Issue with Steam achievements not being registered has been resolved.
- Blood texture glitches in game with ubersampling opti…
On July 20 2011, the third patch for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings has been released. For more information, please visit official web page.
- The long-awaited patch 1.3 is finally here. We apologize it took so long, but we had to make sure that all of the issues were addressed accordingly. The update includes a plethora of fan-requested improvements, including difficulty adjustments for the game’s Prologue, support for a variety of aspect ratios and a host of other gameplay tweaks and fixes. Next to the long list of changes, this update also brings along free DLC - a quest called “A Sackful of Fluff”. Steam patch will become available at later time.
- NOTE: Please keep in mind that all of the fan-made modifications are incompatible with the ne…
On July 8 2011 CDProjekt has released the recent change-log for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Patch 1.3. Currently there is no information about release date.
- Patch 1.3 is not quite here yet, but we would like to show you an early changelog with the fixes and amendments that will be implemented in the nearest update. There is still no ETA on its release so please bear with us and stay tuned for more information. You can read the changelog here.
- New FREE DLC – “A Sackful of Fluff” is a new quest in Chapter 2 of the game. To start the quest, visit the eccentric Elthon, who inhabits a solitary hut near the quarry outside Vergen. The quest will prove most rewarding to those who demonstrate patience.
- Game now supports 4:3, 5:4, 16:10 aspect rat…
The second patch for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings will be available on 03/06/2011.
Also along with the new patch there is a new DLC called "Barbers and Coiffeuses". As you can guess, now Geralt will be able to change his hairstyle.
Some traders also provide barbershop services. For a small fee, Geralt can get them to change his hairstyle. Search notice boards for information about barbers and coiffeuses offering services of this nature in a given location.
- In Flotsam, in Chapter 1 of the game, these services are available from the antique book dealer Einar Gausel.
- In Chapter 2, look either for Sambor in Henselt's Camp or for Felicia Cori in Vergen.
- This apprentice sorceress also provides hairstyling services in Loc Muinne, in Chapter 3 of t…
Read more >
The first patch for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is available right now.
The patch will not be available via the game launcher. Users must update their games manually.
For more information and download links please visit The Witcher 2 official web-site. If you are using GOG.com version of the game please take a look at this page for instructions.
- Fixed the free Troll Trouble DLC download. It is now included in the patch so there's no need to download and install it separately.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some users from downloading other free DLCs (the ones given out with some pre-orders, special promotions, etc). The launcher now properly refreshes the list of available DLCs and allows for installation.
- Performance improvements: …