The Witchers' Forge is a small secondary quest at Kaer Morhen during The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Journal entry Edit
- While poking around in the forgotten recesses of Kaer Morhen, Geralt happened across an illusory wall. He removed the illusion and behind it found a copy of the tome "Monstrum, or a Portrayal of Witchers. Volume 2" This tract had caused him no end of trouble and he would have tossed it onto the fire at once - if not for the intriguing handwritten note on the first page...
- Geralt followed the directions found in the tome's notes and arrived at an old iron mine. After dispatching an earth elemental guardian, he found the tome could be used as a sort of key opening a passageway leading to an old forge. To his great surprise, this forge began speaking to him. Though some might suspect the witcher had merely breathed a bit too much of the musty mine air, he claimed an ifrit, a fire elemental of some kind, had been used ages ago by a mage who created special equipment for the Wolf School witchers. This elemental remained vigilant all these years after the mage's death and thus Geralt had to defeat it in order to get at the secret stash of high-quality gear hidden behind the forge.
- Read the copy of the tome
- Go to the mine near Kaer Morhen
- Search the mine using your Witcher Senses
- Kill the earth elemental
- Put the tome on the pedestal
- Search the mysterious chamber using your Witcher Senses
- Kill the ifrit
- Remove the illusion