Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There are five difficulty levels available in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings:
- Easy – for inexperienced players. Geralt meets weaker opponents and receives less damage, while he himself deals more damage. Most battles can be won using only a sword. The most significant feature is that enemies can not block in this difficulty, and they have a harder time staggering you.
- Normal – for experienced players. The opponents levels are normal. The gameplay is balanced. Most battles can be won using a sword and magical signs.
- Hard – for very experienced players. Opponents deal high damage and it is harder to acquire items. Many battles require the use of a sword, magic and alchemy.
- Dark - for veteran players. Opponents deal very high damage. There is a special chapter-specific set equipment available only in this difficulty.
- Insane – for masochist players. Opponents deal very high damage and no saved game can be loaded if Geralt dies.