While the previous comics The Witcher: House of Glass or The Witcher: Reasons of State were new stories, Fox Children is based on one of the chapters of Season of Storms written by Andrzej Sapkowski. The story takes place on the ship Prophet Lebioda.
Official statement Edit
Dark Horse Comics offers a printed and a digital version, both in English or Polish language. Due to licensing restrictions, the Polish edition is only available in Poland! Also, note that unfortunately digital versions are not available DRM-free.
- Genre: Action/Adventure, Horror
- Age range: 14
First Issue Edit
- Geralt's journey leads him aboard a ship of fools, renegades, and criminals—but some passengers are more dangerous than others, and one hides a hideous secret!
Second Issue Edit
- While the crew of the Prophet ponders what terrible fate will befall them as recompense for their wickedness, a supernatural storm strikes the cursed vessel! When the tempest forces the ship up a strange and deadly river, Geralt must use all of his witcher cunning if he hopes to survive!
Third Issue Edit
- As Geralt and the stranded crew of the Prophet explore their swampy surroundings, the Fox Mother uses her animal guile and magical prowess to tempt the sinners to their doom! But in her rage, does the Fox Mother care if an innocent should fall in her trap as well?
Fourth Issue Edit
- The crew of the Prophet begin to turn on each other as the Fox Mother's mystical illusions lead them to their fate. Now even Geralt is forced to question what is reality and what is just the fantastic projection of the scorned she-beast!
Fifth Issue Edit
- Chaos erupts aboard the Prophet as the madness sown by the Fox Mother runs red across the deck boards. Geralt seizes upon his last opportunity to assuage the vixen's maternal rage, but in doing so, he may seal his own fate!
Trade paperback edition Edit
The five issues of the comic edition are collected in one trade paperback volume, released in December 2015.
- Geralt's journey leads him aboard a ship of fools, renegades, and criminals--but some passengers are more dangerous than others, and one hides a heinous secret that could lead crew and passengers to a bitter and hideous fate at the hand of a vengeful fox mother!
- German: The Witcher: Fuchskinder, Bd. 2 (Panini, 12/2015)
- Polish: Wiedźmin: Dzieci lisicy, tom 2 (Egmont, 12/2015)
- The cover of the first issue and the drawings inside show a three masted ship, although the story tells about a classic single masted sloop - "but CD Projekt Red", as the artist says, "had me change it to a three-masted ship." They "changed the design to fit the look of the game".
- ↑ 'The Witcher' returns for second comic series archived via web.archive.org
- ↑ Post on Polish The Witcher Board written by Rafał Jaki, Business Development Manager at CD Projekt RED
- ↑ The Witcher: Fox Children, No. 1/2015
- ↑ The Witcher: Fox Children, No. 2/2015
- ↑ The Witcher: Fox Children, No. 3/2015
- ↑ The Witcher: Fox Children, No. 4/2015
- ↑ The Witcher: Fox Children, No. 5/2015
- ↑ The Witcher: Volume 2 - Fox Children on amazon.de
- ↑ Deviantart: comments to the drawing (last visited September, 17th 2016)