The Warble of a Smitten Knight is a secondary quest in the Blood and Wine Expansion.
Journal entry Edit
- Tradition has sanctified two codes of conduct in Toussaint: the teachings of the Prophet Lebioda and the chivalric principles which guide its knights. These latter call for young men to prove their abilities through feats of daring during tourneys. One such knight, Guillaume, sought to stand out from the rest by fighting a shaelmaar and was injured as a result.
- Afterwards, he pleaded with Geralt to visit him in the medics' tent. He said he had a very urgent matter to discuss.
- In the charming fairytale duchy for which Toussaint commonly passes, love blooms and erupts into flames faster than in any other corner of the known world. I know what I say, for I too experienced my share of beautiful, passionate moments there, with the painfully lovely Duchess Anarietta, no less...
- But to return to Geralt's adventures, he agreed to assist a young knight with his troubles in relation to a striking young lad-in-waiting named Vivienne. The youth, lacking experience in love's games, its ruses and deceits, was feverish and suspected that the lofty and inaccessible object of his love might have fallen victim to an evil spell. Wishing to help the youth get to the bottom of the matter, the witcher agreed to enter the lists and take part in the tourney's assorted challenges.
If Geralt chooses "Geralt of Rivia":
- In observance of tradition, the witcher had to reveal a name to take part in the tourney. He chose the immensely original moniker "Geralt of Rivia."
- While playing knight, Geralt did not dare neglect his witcherly duties. He spied Vivienne and followed her to a forest glade, where he discovered her secret. The woman had been cursed while still in her mother's womb. Touched by moonlight, she transformed into a bird.
- Geralt offered to help her, to lift the curse that held her. Yet he warned Vivienne that the ritual to break the spell could have dire consequences.
If Geralt chooses the water method:
- Aided by Guillaume, Geralt performed a ritual that was to lift the curse from Vivienne and transfer it to another. Though the witcher doubted it could be effective, the rite worked and the curse passed to the young knight who had valiantly agreed to shoulder its burden. It brings a tear to the eye to think how a seemingly superficial fascination for a woman's beauty can take a turn even more beautiful...
- Visit Guillaume in the medics' camp.
- Follow Guillaume to the shooting range.
- Follow Guillaume to the training grounds.
- Go to the center of the arena.
- Defeat Delwyn.
- Follow Guillaume to the race track.
- Go to the inscription tent and enter the tourney.
- Go to the shooting range.
- Use your Witcher Senses to investigate Vivienne's tent.
- Go to the entrance to the racing course.
- Win the horse race.
- [Geralt of Rivia] Defeat Anséis in a mounted duel.
- [Ravix of Fourhorn] Defeat Tailles and his thugs.
- Confront Vivienne.
- Defeat the opposing team.
- Fight the arena champion.
- Go to the glade with Vivienne and Guillaume.
- Kill the panther.
- The player can win prizes with the name and crest of whichever moniker they chose to go with.
- Winning the race gives a saddle
- Winning the shooting game gives a crossbow
- Winning the tournament gives a sword