Journal Entry Edit
- While meandering through the sunny but war-damaged lands near Oxenfurt, Geralt's sensitive ears picked up a very strange sound – something between off-key singing and the bellowing of a stuck pig. Geralt would be a poor excuse for a witcher if he did not investigate such a matter.
- If Geralt kills Trololo:
- It turned out the dubious musical talents belonged to a troll. Geralt felt the monster might be a danger to people living nearby, so he decided to end its life.
- If Geralt lets it slide:
- It turned out the dubious musical talents belonged to a troll who believed himself part of the Redanian army. His fondest dream was for fort he had been assigned to guard to look like a proper Redanian fort. Bear in mind that a troll's mental capacity is roughly that of a none-too-bright toddler and you'll understand why this particular one felt a Redanian fort should be painted in bright Redanian colors. Geralt brought him red and white paint, which made him as happy as a child finding a present under his pillow.
Objective 1 Edit
Travel to the island west of Oxenfurt. There, you will see a scrapyard of boats with a rock troll you can talk to. The troll, Trololo, will inform you that the Redanian army seized boats from peasants and recruited the troll to guard the boats. The peasants attempted to retrieve their boats through force. When the troll intervened, he accidentally killed both the peasants and soldiers. Since Trololo was hungry and did not want to waste food, he made stew from the corpses of the peasants and Redanian soldiers. You will have the option of either letting it slide or to kill Trololo.
Letting it slide Edit
If you let it slide, Trololo will ask you to bring him some paint, for the fort is missing the Redanian colours. Go back to Oxenfurt and buy the paint off the merchant. Once you return, you'll have the option of painting the Redanian symbol yourself, or letting Trololo do it. If you paint it yourself, the troll will be pleased. Otherwise, the troll will be unhappy with his own work, though he'll do an arguably better job than Geralt. You will receive the following:
- Diagram: Gven'nel
- Diagram: Axeman's Gauntlets
- Goat hide × 10
- Deer hide × 5
Kill Trololo Edit
This option grants 50 Experience for finishing the quest. However, after you kill Trololo, it will drop seven items from the following (not all listed perhaps):
- In a chest near Trololo there is the Enhanced Griffin Armor Diagram.
- The name the Troll uses for himself, "Trololo", may be a reference to a song by Russian singer Eduard Khil, which is known as the "Trololo Song", an Internet meme.