Visit Benek and look around the west side of the village to find an old sage sitting outside his hut and commenting how he'd been expecting you. Talk to him to learn he can see visions but unfortunately his seeing eye hasn't been as sharp in his elder years and asks you find dragonsroot if you really want to hear a strong vision from him.
The root in question is southeast from the village, in a cave on the coast, guarded over by 4 ghouls. Once they're dead, use your Witcher Senses to find the root and once in hand, head back to the old sage and give it to him. He'll say some interesting things that relate to Ithlinne's Prophecy before finishing the quest.
Journal entry Edit
- Deep in the swampy woods of Velen there is a roadside altar praising the glories of one of the forgotten gods. That is where Geralt encountered a shriveled, half-senile old man who claimed he could foretell the future and would read Geralt's fortune - for a small fee.
- If Geralt accepts to look for the magic mushroom:
- The soothsayer asked Geralt to bring him some of the dragonsroot that grew in a nearby cave. The witcher delivered it to him, and in turn the old man delivered a prophecy about a swallow and a tower. Geralt was not altogether certain what this could mean, but he decided to guard it in his memory for the future.
- If Geralt refused to chase the magic mushroom:
- Geralt gave the soothsayer a bit of food, but the reading he received in return did not seem worth even this meager sum. The witcher was sorely disappointed.
- Bring the fortune teller something to eat.
- Find dragonsroot using your Witcher Senses.
- Take the dragonsroot to the fortune teller.
- The outside of the cave has a pile of skeletons, among which sits a snow hare. This is in reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail and the Rabbit of Caerbannog.
- In the first vision, what the soothsayer sees is one of two potential visions.
- In one, he sees A White Wolf (presumably Geralt), who watches as a Great Viper kills a Silver Lily.
- In the other,he sees the White Wolf entering a cavern and singing a hymn "of madness and despair"