The Truth is in the Stars is a secondary quest available in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Journal entry Edit
- Deep in the swampy woods of Velen there is a roadside altar praising the glories of one of the forgotten gods. That is where Geralt encountered a shriveled, half-senile old man who claimed he could foretell the future and would read Geralt's fortune - for a small fee.
- The soothsayer asked Geralt to bring him some of the dragonsroot that grew in a nearby cave. The witcher delivered it to him, and in turn the old man delivered a prophecy about a swallow and a tower. Geralt was not altogether certain what this could mean, but he decided to guard it in his memory for the future.
- If Geralt refused to chase the magic mushroom:
- Geralt gave the soothsayer a bit of food, but the reading he received in return did not seem worth even this meager sum. The witcher was sorely disappointed.
- Visit the soothsayer.
- Bring the fortune teller something to eat.
- Find dragonsroot using your Witcher Senses.
- Take the dragonsroot to the fortune teller.