One of the artifacts you need to break the The Blood Curse of Sabrina Glevissig is in the hands of Iorveth. You can receive this quest when you arrive in Tunnel of the Founders and speak to Zoltan Chivay and Saskia. Saskia says that Iorveth lost the spear of destiny at poker dice. Now it is in the hands of Skalen Burdon who won the match. When you turn back to the Mahakam Gate, you have to beat the dwarf at dice.
Once you win and get the prize, you can go back to the Kaedweni camp. Before leaving, you can also win the Princess Xenthia sword and the Dun Banner cloak, a useful item in the "Death Symbolized" quest, from Skalen.
Journal entry Edit
- From the mouth of Saskia the Dragonslayer herself Geralt learned that the head of Yahon's spear is in the hands of Skalen Burdon. The Vergen guard won it from Iorveth at dice. The dwarf thought the spearhead worthless. However, being the stubborn devil he is, he refused to give it up just like that. The witcher had to win the spearhead at dice poker.
- An ancient dwarven byword states: "The Spear of Destiny has two ends. The spearhead is one, the other is the butt." The witcher played Skalen. They had a pleasant chat in the process and drew a bit of diversion from the dice poker itself. And Geralt ultimately won the spearhead, for such was his destiny.
- The name of the quest could be a reference to the prequel of Wolfenstein 3D. When the player loses to Skalen Burdon at the dice game, he comments about Blazkowicz who is the protagonist of Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny.
- The "The Spear of Destiny has two ends (...)" saying is a paraphrase to the saying taken from the book series: "The sword of destiny has two edges - one of them is you"
- The Spear of Destiny, also known as the Holy Lance could also be a reference to the legend of the spear that is said to have pierced Jesus Christ in the chest during his crucifixion. According to the legend, Longinus was the name of the roman centurion who wielded the spear, and thus the spear is also called Lancea Longini (the Spear of Longinus). In time, the Spear of Destiny became a mythical relic that inspired film and literature. Sabrina Glevissig's death is a reference to this legend.