A shaggy-coated man stands at the crossroads in the town of Blandare in central Ard Skellig. Approaching him, the man offered work to the witcher Geralt if he was willing to partner with him. He introduces himself as Djenge Frett—apparently a renowned mercenary in these parts. He’s after the Grossbart Brothers, a trio of rapists and murderers who wear yellow caps on their heads.
Geralt's objective was to look for the brothers in the vague and vast area of southern Ard Skellig, but the Grossbart Brothers are holed up more precisely in an underground grotto, just above sea level, along the southeastern coast of the isle. The witcher can journey to Palisade and trek eastwards, before working his way south along the coastline or simply take a boat from Fyresdal around the coast before discovering the grotto entrance at the shore.
Entering the Grotto, Geralt met up with Djenge Frett in the tunnels of the cave. If the witcher refuses his offer to help him, he will run towards and slay the brothers by himself, failing the quest as Geralt leaves the area. If the witcher agrees to help him, the witcher can follow him track the yellow-capped brothers into a wider chamber where they are camped. They both charge in and slay the three brothers. After Hegel, Jesse, and Manfred Grossbart are sent into the afterlife, their final conversation with Djenge Frett occurs (unless he dies, in which case the quest fails) as the quest concludes. He offers the witcher to work with him again but Geralt declines the offer.
Journal entry Edit
- If I ever tire of writing of Geralt of Rivia, I will take up the tale of Djenge Frett, an itinerant bounty hunter. Geralt met this extraordinay man in Skellige, where he had gone to hunt the notorious Grossbart brothers. According to Frett's information, they were currently up to some nefarious business in the southern part of Ard Skellig.
- Djenge Frett's information was correct. The Grossbart brothers truly were hiding on Ard Skellig. Geralt and the bounty hunter decided to take them out together.
- The job was done. The world was finally free of those ruthless and bloodthirsty brothers. And it was all due to the brave Djenge Frett – and my dear friend, Geralt of Rivia.
- Look for the Grossbart brothers in southern Ard Skellig.
- Help the bounty hunter deal with the Grossbart brothers.
- The title of the quest is most likely a reference to the book "The Sad Tale of the Brothers Grossbart" by Jesse Bullington, in which a pair of ne'er-do-well brothers traverse medieval Europe and encounter witches, demons, and other supernatural monsters in their search for treasure.
- The name of the bounty hunter Djenge Frett is a reference to Jango Fett, a bounty hunter in Star Wars.
- If you had already found and killed the Grossbart brothers, Geralt will simply tell Djenge he needs to find a new bounty. Djenge will give Geralt half of the bounty [20 gold] in exchange for the location of the bodies.