Journal entry Edit
In the Clan Dimun village Geralt spied a feverish man who was waiting for his brothers to bring his betrothed from one of the neighboring isles. Days had passed, their wedding drew nearer and nearer, and neither the brothers nor the betrothed had arrived. The man asked Geralt for help.
Sadly, this story had an unhappy ending. The groom's brothers and betrothed had been struck by a storm during their voyage. The girl had perished, her dowry lost. The brothers, as the harsh law of honor demands, decided to commit suicide. They could not bear to live knowing they had failed their brother by not protecting his beloved from danger.
- Examine the coasts of Faroe on the side facing Hindarsfjall.
- Search the shore using your Witcher Senses.
- Examine the beach near the dead girl using the magic lamp.
- Follow the footsteps using your Witcher Senses.
- Investigate the crime scene using your Witcher Senses.
- Tell the young man what happened to his betrothed and his brothers.
You can start this quest by speaking to Timmon in the village of Harviken on Faroe Isle. It involves searching for the quest giver's brothers and bride. After talking to him, head towards the coast on the far eastern side of the isle. As you get to the coast, you'll encounter some sirens.
Having dealt with the sirens, use your witcher senses and examine the nearby corpse. Use Keira's lamp to examine the area by the body. You will see a projection of the brothers' specters mourning the loss of the bride. Examine the area again using the witcher senses to see footprints leading away from the body. Follow the prints, which will lead towards a tree. There, you will find the bodies of the two brothers. Loot the corpse to get a letter and a key.
Go back to where you found the bride's body and you'll see a sunken ship mast in the sea. Swim there and dive to open a chest with a necklace.
Return to the quest giver to tell him what happened to his betrothed and his brothers. After giving him the letter, you can either return the necklace or withhold it.
- Later on, if you revisit the spot where you found the dead bride, Timmon will be there praying, having set up a small altar to his betrothed.