Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Night of Long Fangs is a main quest in the Blood and Wine Expansion for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
There are 2 different paths to complete this quest, both of them lead to different missions and outcomes.
Journal entry Edit
- It was painfully clear the audience with the duchess would not be a pleasant one. For Geralt and Regis had failed to establish Dettlaff's whereabouts, though not for lack of trying. Matters, alas, quickly took an even more tragic turn. When Geralt failed to deliver Syanna to the lover betrayed, he fulfilled his threat and sent down upon Beauclair and its environs a plague of horrid beasts. The witcher immediately resumed his efforts to find and confront Dettlaff.
- Geralt chooses the more peaceful path to find Syanna:
- Geralt heeded Regis' advice and would seek to resolve the crisis through peaceful means. To do so, he would need to fulfill the vampire blackmailer's demand and free Syanna. He now needed to establish where this troublemaker was being held. The witcher suspected he could extract this information from Captain Damien de la Tour, the duchess' confidant in such matters.
- Geralt chooses to take the more direct path with Orianna's help:
- Geralt had decided – Dettlaff could not be considered harmless. True, he was doubtless a sentient creature as well as Regis' close friend – but no. The witcher would resolve matters with his blade. To do this, Geralt would need to force Dettlaff to reveal himself, then to fight. And this in turn required him to find one of only a handful of ancient vampires remaining in the world. And the only one who could help him with the latter was that legend of the Beauclairois boheme, Orianna.
- Kill the vampire. (200 )
- Regis: "Not asking the duchess' permission to bring Syanna to Dettlaff."
- Syanna can't be harmed. Can you guarantee her safety? (×)
- Any idea where Syanna's being held? (×)
- Regis: "What is it you intend to do Geralt?"
- Considering freeing Syanna. Let's talk to Damien.
- Leaning towards no nonsense. Orianna, let's find her.
- Don't know. Need to think about it. (×)
- Find Damien and ask him where Syanna is being kept.
- Kill the vampire. (20 )
- Use your Witcher Sense to track down Damien.
- Follow Damien's unit using your Witcher Sense.
- Follow Regis.
- Kill the vampire.
- Kill the vampire attacking Damien's unit. (200 )
- Damien: Kill the one responsible.
- Got a different plan. (×)
- Leave it to me.
- Damien: "I've sworn my loyalty to Her Grace."
- Folk're dying. More will perish. Because of one. (×)
- Won't insist.
- Talk to the birds to inform Regis where be should meet you.
- Meet Regis at the palace.
- Get inside the playroom.
- Search the playroom to find out what happened to Syanna.
- Find the book "The Land of a Thousand Fables."
- Story continues in Beyond Hill and Dale....
- Ask Orianna where to find the Unseen Elder.
- Kill the vampire.
- Orianna: "I must tend to a certain matter. Then we'll talk."
- Fine. Going with you. (×)
- Time's short. Folk're dying.
- At the orphanage talk to scared boy: (200 )
- Story continues in Blood Simple.
- The name of this quest is a reference to Night of the Long Knives, a purge of political opponents in Nazi Germany from June 30 to July 2 in 1934. It may also allude to the Night of Knives and Torches, an event in the Witcher saga.