The Man from Cintra is a main quest available in the Blood and Wine expansion.
Journal entry Edit
- It seemed as if matters had come to a head and the witcher would finally face he who had for some time succeeded in slinking from Geralt's grip like a snake. The Cintrian was to appear at a soirée hosted by "Mandragora" – an exclusive club that brought together all manner of artists who thought very highly of themselves. As I see it, they were a host of individuals whom nature had denied any significant talent. Thus, they opted not to produce more and better work, but instead to whimper into the ears of wealthy patrons – a practice for which I have always had the utmost contempt. But back to the Cintrian – Geralt and Anna Henrietta decided they would attend the soirée and nab this scoundrel dog.
- The witcher was largely unaccustomed to battles in which lies, flattery and the occasional petty insult served as the combatants' chief arms. Yet with the aid of Anarietta (much better acquainted with this type of combat – mean retorts being her weapon of choice), he managed to blend into the members of Beauclair's boheme who had assembled and mingle largely unnoticed. Together, the duchess and the witcher searched for the Cintrian. He had reportedly arrived for the evening with the famed singer Cecilia Bellante on his arm. Alas, poor Cecilia had not known the evening would end in tragedy for her. Geralt found her, her throat cut just moments before, and set off in pursuit of her murderer.
- The Cintrian had appeared that evening to steal the Heart of Toussaint, a ducal jewel in the possession of Orianna, the soirée's host. The witcher could not interrogate the thief, as he had died tragically while attempting to make off with his loot. Yet he had left behind a clue leading to Dun Tynne Castle, which the witcher made his next destination. Yet the assault on this fort manned by many knights would not prove easy. Ironically, Anna Henrietta made this so by giving Geralt an additional objective. You see, the thief had first obtained a barrel of ducal wine and then attempted to pinch a jewel that had in the past belonged to Syanna, Anarietta's sister. The fact of said sister's existence surprised me as much as it must surprise you, my readers. Who knew Anarietta had a sister, and what's more, one even more fiery than the duchess herself? These facts caused the duchess to suspect Syanna could herself be at Dun Tynne. So she ordered the witcher to go there and find her. As if these revelations were not enough, the evening ended in a philosophically complex scene featuring the duchess of Toussaint, several ancient higher vampires and a grumpy witcher sharing a table. The conversation proved both lively and varied, spanning matters ranging from the intricacies of combating monsters to the propriety of wearing deep-cut formal dresses.
- On the way to the tailor, Geralt is attacked by Keir, Madden, Nevin and Tad: Contract on a witcher on body.
- [Optional] Put on clothes Anna Henrietta will consider appropriate for the soiree.
- Visit the Tailor's Workshop.
- Meet Anna Henrietta in Mountebank Alley.
- Mandragora mask from Anna Henrietta.
- Search the alcoves for a woman with a Koviri orchid in her hair.
- Fragment of the script of a stage play in one of the alcoves.
- [Optional] Take part in the soiree's entertainments. (9)
- Light some decorative lanterns
- Drink absinthe
- Join the mimes
- Watch the illusionist
- [Optional] Grab some paint balls.
- [Optional] Throw paint balls to express your inner artist. (15)
- Use your Witcher Senses to search the refreshment tables.
- Use your Witcher Senses to follow the scent.
- Using your Witcher Senses, follow the tracks across the balconies.
- Use your Witcher Senses to search the room and find out what happened there.
- Duchess: "She (her sister) must not be harmed in any way."
- I'll see to it. (×)
- Can't promise anything.
- Orianna: "You know Regis, too?"
- All true.
- That surprise you? (×)
- Story continues in Capture the Castle. (1500 )
- If you visit the tailor and wear a set of fancy clothes when you meet Anna Henrietta, she will compliment you for your style. If you also have all your weapons removed and wearing a mask (like the one you use for the masquerade ball in the quest A Matter of Life and Death, you can also buy it from the tailor) she will further compliment you for your forethought, but will still give you a different mask saying yours is not the required kind.
- After the mission you can find the Cintrian's body east of Mandragora, down the slope.