Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Audible UK, in conjunction with Orion Books & Gollancz released The Last Wish on audio, February 27, 2014, only a few short weeks after it was announced. The Last Wish is read by Peter Kenny.
Stories included Edit
The anthology employs the story within a story framework and contains seven main short stories.
- The Voice of Reason (Głos rozsądku, framing story)
- The Witcher (Wiedźmin)
- A Grain of Truth (Ziarno prawdy)
- The Lesser Evil (Mniejsze zło)
- A Question of Price (Kwestia ceny)
- The Edge of the World (Kraniec świata)
- The Last Wish (Ostatnie życzenie)
- Bulgarian: Вещерът. Последното желание, (ИнфоДар, 2008)
- Czech: Poslední přání, (Leonardo, 1999)
- German: Der letzte Wunsch, (Heyne, 1998)
- English: The Last Wish, translated by Danusia Stok (UK – Gollancz, 2007, US – Orbit, 2008)
- Spanish: El último deseo, translated by Jose María Faraldo (Bibliópolis fantástica, 2002)
- Finnish: Viimeinen toivomus, translated by Tapani Kärkkäinen (WSOY 2010)
- French: Le Dernier Vœu, (Bragelonne, 2003)
- Hungarian: Vaják I. – Az utolsó kívánság, translated by Szathmáry-Kellermann Viktória (PlayON 2011)
- Italian: Il Guardiano degli Innocenti, (Nord, 2010)
- Korean: 위처:이성의 목소리, (제우미디어, 2011)
- Lithuanian: Paskutinis noras, (Eridanas, 2005)
- Dutch: De Laatste Wens, (Dutch Media Uitgevers, 2010)
- Brazilian Portuguese: O Último Desejo, translated by Tomasz Barcinski (WMF Martins Fontes, 2011)
- Russian: Последнее желание, translated by Евгений Вайсброт (АСТ, 1996)
- Serbian: Последња жеља/Poslednja želja, translated by Olivera Duskov and Milan Duskov (IPS 2009)
- Slovak: Zaklínač I.: Posledné želanie translated by Karol Chmel (Plus, 2015)
- Swedish: Den sista önskningen, (Coltso, 2010)
- Traditional Chinese: 獵魔士 - 最後的願望, translated by 林蔚昀 (蓋亞文化, 2011)
- Simplified Chinese: 猎魔人卷一：白狼崛起, translated by 小龙 (重庆出版社, 2015)
Audio versions Edit
There are two audio versions of The Last Wish available in Polish. Classic audiobook, lasting about 11 hours and read by Roch Siemianowski, was released by superNOWA (Polish publisher of Sapkowski’s works) in 1996.
In 2011, after huge success of audio play based on Sapkowski’s Narrenturm, Fonopolis and audioteka.pl released audio plays based on The Last Wish and Miecz przeznaczenia. The Last Wish, lasting about 12 hours, was voiced by 52 actors, including Krzysztof Banaszyk (Vernon Roche in Assassins of Kings) as Geralt, Anna Dereszowska as Yennefer, Sławimir Pacek (minor characters in video games) as Dandelion and Krzysztof Gosztyła as narrator. Samples from all short stories can be found on audioteka.pl’s site.
Quotes on this wiki Edit
- UK edition quotes in this wiki are taken from this edition: ISBN 978-0-575-07782-9
- US edition quotes in this wiki are taken from this edition: ISBN 0-316-02918-1 (ISBN-10), ISBN 978-0-316-02918-6 (ISBN-13)
Bagiński film Edit
A new movie adaptation, announced for 2017 states that it: "will be based on themes from the short stories ‘The Witcher’ and ‘Lesser Evil’ from ‘The Last Wish’ collection. Tomasz Bagiński, who had been nominated for an Oscar for his film, ‘The Cathedral’, will be the director."
Polish editions Edit
English editions Edit
Other language editions Edit
|The Witcher series by Andrzej Sapkowski|