Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The King is Dead – Long Live the King is one of main quests on Skellige Islands in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt during which we learn of the death of the good king Bran Tuirseach.
Journal entry Edit
- Crach an Craite, an old friend, invited Geralt and Yennefer to a farewell feast for the recently-departed King Bran. One does not refuse such invitations in Skellige, and so, willing or not, Geralt had no choice but to meet Yennefer at the castle gates and attend the wake at her side.
- Bran's wake was in full swing, with mead flowing plentifully and Geralt making quite a splash with the jarls, when suddenly Yennefer announced she needed to meet with the witcher in a more private setting. Yet she did not have in mind what you do, dear reader. Instead, she wanted Geralt to accompany her as she broke into the druid Ermion's laboratory. Her goal? To steal an artifact knowns and the Mask of Uroboros. As you can see, life with Yennefer was full of surprises, a fact Geralt had grown used to and even, one dares say, quite fond of.
- After much wandering, Yennefer finally found the mask she had been seeking. When Ermion's laboratory grew dangerous, she teleported herself and Geralt back to her quarters. Once there, they... well. what they did is not really any of your concern, dear reader.
- Afterwards, they returned to the wake.
- Crach an Craite only arrived as the wake was drawing to a close – he and the other jarls had locked themselves away in a proverbial smoke-filled room to scheme plans for Skellige's future. That business finished, he now pulled Geralt and Yen aside for a talk. When he heard they were searching for Ciri, he agreed at once to provide them with everything they needed.
- Luckily for Crach's treasure, Yennefer did not need everything, just Ermion's permission to examine a mysteriously deformed forest – the result of a magic explosion that might have involved Ciri.
- Crach promised to convince Ermion, and as his word was as reliable as his beard was red, Geralt and Yennefer set off at once towards the magic-damaged woods.
- Go to Yennefer's rooms and put on formal attire
- Put on new clothes for your meeting with Yennefer
- Meet Yennefer at the entrance to Kaer Trolde keep
- Go with Yennefer to the wake inside Kaer Trolde
- Talk to Yennefer in private
- Beat Cerys to the top of the mountain
- Pull Hjalmar's axe out of the stump
- Go to Ermion's workshop
- Explore the mysterious room using your Witcher Senses