The Inconstant Gardener is a quest in the Blood and Wine expansion.
Journal entry Edit
- Roaming through the Caroberta Woods, Geralt ran into a group of bandits... He tended to the overly aggressive rogues quickly, yet as he was striding away, he tripped over one of the cooling corpses and happened to spot a letter. When he read it, it proved interesting to say the least...
- From the letter he learned of a gardener, erstwhile groundskeeper at the Nilfgaardian embassy, and his misfortune in dealings with a band of robbers. The not suggested some interesting loot might still lie concealed in the embassy cooperage...
- Geralt made quick work of finding the hidden chest. Pleased with himself, he set off in search of his next adventure!
- Read the letter found on the bandit's body.
- Search the workshop and find the chest with the loot.
- The quest name and journal entries around the hidden treasure reference the 2001 novel The Constant Gardener by John le Carré.