- Race for Modron Freya's Glory
- Looking to worship Freya and prove your courage at the same time? Join the annual Heroes' Pursuits! The priestesses and our goddess herself will shower you with gold and blessings.
- Let it be known that not everyone who takes part in our race will reach the finish line in one piece. So if you've a pregnant wife, unfinished business or debts you're honor-bound to repay, think twice before straddling your mount.
- – Sister Svana
This quest may be started at any of the Heroes' Pursuits horse race starts on Ard Skellig (not necessarily the one relevant to this quest), or by speaking to Svana or taking the notice in the notice board in Larvik, on the island of Hindarsfjall.
While Geralt was perusing the notice board in Larvik on Hindarsfjall, he spied a notice for a series of races called the Heroes' Pursuits. The witcher, confident in Roach's abilities as his horse, inquired about this to Svana, a priestess of Freya, by Larvik's western gates. Svana explained that the races are available for anyone to participate and unlike races in the Continent, the only rule is: first across the line wins, whether or not the swiftest or the one who knocks his opponent. The reward for this is a weapon or armor as a trophy besides the glory and valor attained among the people of Skellige. If Geralt has the time and courage, he may sign up and hang a horseshoe on the table beside Svana to join the races. Svana can then explain that the first three races are held in Ard Skellig and Geralt must win each at least once to face last year's best rider, Astrid of Spikeroog known as the Vipress, in a final pursuit on Hindarsfjall.
Quests Geralt must finish to continue the quest:
After beating all the best riders of Skellige on Ard Skellig, Geralt came back to Hindarsfjall to find Svana at the gates of Larvik with his final contender, Astrid the Vipress. Svana greeted the witcher in disbelief but saw that he's earned the right in the Great Race. Nevertheless, she asked him if was truly ready. Once the witcher was ready, the priestess declared the Great Race with Geralt of Rivia vs Astrid the Vipress under the glory of Freya. The witcher must now finally race and navigate through the winding path towards Freya's Garden from the starting line at Larvik's western gate. Once Geralt finishes first, Svana will declare the witcher to have out ridden Astrid the Vipress and finally reward him his prize. The quest ends as the witcher promises to come back in the next year's race.
- Talk to Svana the priestess about the Heroes' Dash.
- Win each of the qualifying races at least once.
- Go to the race's starting line.
- Be the first past the finish line.
Journal entry Edit
- Those on the Continent worship gods by praying, burning incense and making offerings. In Skellige, all these are practiced, but the islanders consider the best way of honoring the gods to be risking one's life while performing feats of bravery. A favorite way to do this? Taking part in the Heroes' Dash, a race full of strong emotions and frightening dangers sure to make the goddess smile.
- Geralt is not the most pious of fellows, but the prize on offer for the race's winner (as well as the chance to test Roach's speed against the best Skellige mounts) convinced him to join in.
- Geralt managed to win all of the qualifying heats and earn himself a spot in the Dash's final race, to be held on the isle of Hindarsfjall.
- There he faced the winner of last year's Dash: Astrid the Vipress. Though she was as vast and dangerous as her name-snake, even she was unable to beat the witcher. Geralt's victory brought glory to him and joy to the goddess - with a handsome prize making it all the sweeter.