It seems that Jean-Pierre never did secure that promotion to Jägermeister. He is now captain of the mercenaries. To help in the general fight to restore order, he and his men also fight monsters but there are plenty to go around. If the witcher needs a bit of extra cash, killing a few vampires and trading their blood for some gold seems like a good way to make some fast cash.
- You must obtain the entry for Bruxa blood prior leaving the island in the end of chapter IV with Dandelion.
You can buy the book Vampires: Facts and Myths from the smith in the forge in Old Vizima to get the Bestiary entry in Chapter V.
- If you kill Lilly (the vampire for the monster trophy quest) and her 6 Bruxa's they will not respawn, thus make sure that you pick up the blood from the remains otherwise if you don't have it from the previous chapters you will not be able to find it during Chapter V
- There are only 3 other Bruxa in this chapter inside the Mine Wayfarer's Stone (Scoia'Tael Side Armor Quest). If you have the special silver talent from the intelligence tree you can pick up 6 blood from these 3 Bruxa.
- Despite the wording of the contract, Jean-Pierre really wants six portions of Bruxa blood, not three.
- If turning in this quest before you have completed Mud and Velvet, take care to avoid the dialogue option about Antoinette when speaking with Jean-Pierre.
- If you intend to use the Mud and Velvet quest to pick a fight with Jean-Pierre, be sure to complete this quest and get your reward first.
Bruxa Blood Edit
The mercenary captain put a price on the lives of six female vampires - bruxae who roam the area. Their blood needs to be provided as proof of their death. I need to slay six bruxae and bring the captain their blood.
This should be enough. I have enough blood to see the mercenary captain about my reward. I should see the mercenary captain and claim my reward.
The mercenary captain paid me for killing the bruxae. I received my reward for the bruxa blood. (300 + 7000 XP)