The Beast of Toussaint is a main quest in the Blood and Wine Expansion.
Journal entry Edit
- No sooner had Geralt arrived in Toussaint than he got his first taste of the local color. As he was clip-clopping along the high road, chit-chatting with Milton and Palmerin, a most unusual sight unfolded before his eyes. Here was a knight, with all the expected accoutrements, charging headlong at a windmill! The situation became clear a moment later when a giant strode from behind the windmill and charged right back at the knight. Before anyone could say "Only in Toussaint," the witcher and all three knights were swinging away at the brute, amidst the freshly crumbled ruins of the mill and a herd of panic-stricken sheep.
- At long last the giant lay defeated, and the men who had vanquished it could make their introductions, then engage in the kind of conversation that oft happens over a fresh monster corpse. The young giant slayer gave the three arrivals fresh tidings – the Beast had struck again. The body of its most recent victim now lay on a riverbank nearby. Geralt decided he needed to see it and explore the crime scene, while Milton thought it both wise and courteous to accompany the witcher.
- Defeat the giant. (13+450)
- Follow Milton to the place where the body was found.
- Use your Witcher Senses to search the riverbank.
- Use your Witcher Senses to search the riverbank for signs of the guardsmen's activities.
- Defeat the necrophages. (50)
- Use your Witcher Senses to search the nets for clues the guardsmen might have overlooked.
- Follow Milton to the inn to ask if anymore saw where the body was taken.
- Go to Corvo Bianco and examine the body kept in its cellar.
- Look for the body of the Beast's victim in Corvo Bianco's cellar.
- [Optional] Read the bruxa Bestiary entry to prepare for the fight.
- [Optional] Use your Witcher Senses to investigate the site of the massacre.
- Defeat the bruxa.
- Examine the body of the Beast's victim.
- Find Palmerin and ask him to take you to the duchess.
- Defeat the Shaelmaar. (300)
- After the fight, you can choose to kill or spare the monster. If you choose to spare it, it will count as proof of Compassion for the "There Can Only Be One" quest.
- Follow the duchess to the palace gardens.
- Take the basket of carrots of the "unicorn" to gain its trust.
- Retrieve the golden fish from the pond.
- Use your Witcher Senses to find the golden fish in the pond.
- Meet up with the duchess to piece the clues together and figure out where Milton is hiding.
- The answer to the riddle is "Greenhouse".