|This article is about the quest. For the location, see Bastion.|
The Bastion is a secondary quest in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Journal entry Edit
An observation tower located on a hillside near Kaer Morhen caught Geralt's eye. Though the structure had been there for as long as he could remember, this was the first time in ages he had bothered to inspect it more closely. When he did, he discovered a whole heap of wraiths had taken up residence within. I've said it before and I'll say it again - witchers make horrible housekeepers.
Geralt was able to deduce from the evidence at hand that the fortress was haunted by the ghost of a boy who had once trained to be a witcher. His monster slaying career had been tragically nipped in the bud when enraged fanatics attacked Kaer Morhen.
Geralt found and buried the poor lad's remains, and along with them two swords, one of silver, the other of steel. He hoped this would give the boy's tortured soul some peace and allow him to depart from the old bastion.
- Explore the old bastion near Kaer Morhen using your Witcher Senses.
- Eliminate the wraiths haunting the old bastion.
- Use Keira's lamp to investigate the old bastion.
- Look for the boy's remains around the bastion using your Witcher Senses.
- Use Keira's lamp to find out what happened to the boy.
- Pick up the boy's remains.
- Bury the boy's remains.