This page defines some of the terms used in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The terms are in ascending alphabetical order.
The image of an item is the icon in inventory.
- When possible, use the game extracted file. (ask Juraj103 or Mechemik if having trouble finding an image)
- Do not enlarge an image past its original/default size, even if it's small. This leads to distortion, making it worse and not suitable for the wiki.
The name of an item is the name as it appears in the game when the item is selected in your inventory.
The tier of an item is displayed in the right upper corner of the item window that opens when you mouse over or left click the item. The tier can be one of these:
The value (sometimes abbreviated as Val) is the value as it appears in the game when the item is selected in your inventory when NOT trading. Item values are followed by the icon Template:Crown Item
- You'll pay more than this value when you buy the item.
- You'll get less than this value when you sell the item.
- The prices are better if you trade with an expert on the item. So sell weapons to a blacksmith and herbs to a herbalist.
The weight (sometimes abbreviated as Wgt) of an item is the weight as it appears in the game when the item is selected in your inventory. Item weights are followed by the icon Template: Weight Item
- If you have more than 1 item of the same kind in your inventory, and the item is stackable, these items occupy only 1 square in the inventory and in the right bottom corner of the item icon the quantity number is displayed. In such case the weight when the item is selected is the total weight of all items represented by the icon. Note that weight isn't linear when stacked (e.g: 1 of an item may say it weighs .02, but a stack of 2 may say .03).
Monster average lootEdit
The average loot is the average loot for killing 1 monster of this species. The average loot of a monster is determined by killing multiple monsters of the specie and register (in the source of the monster page) the loot of each monster. The average loot is the item looted in total, divided by the number of monsters killed.
The class of the monster according to the journal Bestiary.
The level of this type of monster as it appears in the monster's left top corner when fighting it.
Potion effect Edit
This is the effect of the potion. For instance increasing stamina regeneration or health regeneration are examples of possible effects.
Potion toxicity Edit
This is the toxicity of a single does of this potion out of 100. Each potion has a toxicity which witchers are able to endure up to a certain point. For example, 15 is the toxicity of Cat.
Potion duration Edit
This is the duration of time that the potion effect and toxicity will last. Usually this is in seconds but may use other units if specified.
Potion ingredients Edit
These are the ingredients that are used to make to indicated potion including the quantity of each ingredient and any recipe needed.