This quest can be picked up at the bridge southwest of White Orchard cemetery. A couple of drowners are here, so just take them out, then loot the body on the west side of the bridge. The key on the body unlocks the nearby submerged chest in the river. Read the notes found in the chest, which will direct you to go across the bridge and to the house near the windmill.
Journal entry Edit
- Whenever I would ask the witcher for his opinion concerning my latest sonnet, elegy or even couplet, he'd always claim he hadn't the time. Yet time he had aplenty when it came to reading letters found on corpses or lying about monster nests. Perhaps that was because they, unlike my writings, often proved the path to significant riches...
- To Whom It May Concern, By Order of the Legion Commander:
- The men bearing htis missive are to be escorted north, to the border post near Oxenfurt, where they will find a Redanian division waiting for them. As noble-born Temerians, they are under special protection and not a hair on their heads is to be harmed. Everything they carry is their own private property and is to remain in their possession.
- Any failure to heed this order will be punished in an accelerated military tribunal.
- Randal Vittgenberg
- Geralt didn't really expect to find anything in the old mill, but decided to search it nonetheless. His decision paid off - clearly Temerians had been forced to abandon this site in a hurry and had left their treasure behind. Now it all belonged to the witcher.
- There is a possible bug in this quest, when Geralt goes into the cellar, his hair will appear brown, unlike the usual white.