Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Temerian population is very polite and religious but does not accept representatives of the so-called Elder Races. Most of Temerian residents are racist. This region is the home of powerful sorcerers and famous travelers.
Temeria is one of the wealthiest realms in the North. Temerian economy is based on cultivating the production of various goods, trade, and extracting valuable mineral resources, from the mountains of Mahakam. The Temerian oren is one of the most used currencies in the world. Temeria also remains a land with highly developed agriculture, animal husbandry, and food industry. As Mahakam is officially part of the kingdom, Temeria has considerable interests in the extraction of precious metals and production of high quality weapons.
National emblems Edit
These coats of arms were designed by our resident heraldry and Witcher expert Mboro, based on the description in the novels. The first two are Temeria's historical and previous coats of arms. Under King Goidemar's reign, a new design was adopted: three silver fleurs-de-lys on black shield. The fifth is a design depicted in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.
Flag of Temeria was also created by Mboro.
Known Temerians Edit
- Dezmod (first king)
- Abdank 
- Raffard the White de facto ruler as a court sorcerer and advisor
- Adalbert 
- Bienvenu La Louve
- Ragbard of Ellander (husband of Bienvenu)
- Hugo of Rivia (husband of Bienvenu)
- John Natalis  (as interrex)
- Anaïs La Valette 
Main cities and strongholds Edit
Regions and landmarks Edit
- river Pontar to the north
- river Trava
- river Ismena
- Mahakam mountains
- Tukaj Foothills
- Old Road
- Pontaria (part of former kingdom of Emblonia)
- Velen 
- Duchy of Maribor 
The prologue is set at Kaer Morhen, which is in Kaedwen, not Temeria, and the following chapters are all set in or around Vizima. You are not free to travel around Temeria as you wish, as the available locations change with each chapter. There is no way to travel large distances to reach other familiar locations in the game world.
Nevertheless, there is a world map in the game, and examining it gives a sneak peek at locations that might come into play in the future.
At the top of the map is Vizima, with the Outskirts south-east of it, Old Vizima to the south-west, and the swamp cemetery and the swamp further to the south. The lakeside is just south of the Black Tern Island, almost in the south-west corner of Lake Vizima.
At the bottom left of the map, a cut-out can be seen which depicts the Northern Kingdoms.
- "Temeria's population is not exclusively human. It also includes dwarves, elves, gnomes and dryads. After the devastating war with Nilfgaard, many areas are haunted by monsters, which have hitherto not constituted a serious threat, while the realm's roads are made unsafe by outlaws and common bandits. As a result, the witcher profession is once again in demand, though people continue to treat witchers with caution and disdain, often calling them mutants and freaks.
- The Kingdom of Temeria has silver lilies on a black background as its emblem. This powerful country has gained ever more influence in recent years under the wise rule of King Foltest. Across the Pontar River, the kingdom borders Redania. To the south and east it is hemmed in by mountain ranges, including Mahakam, the mainstay of dwarves and gnomes, past which lie the lands of Lyria and Aedirn. The capital of Temeria is Vizima, lying on the shore of Lake Vizima. The second largest city is Maribor. Temeria mints its own coin — the oren. The most widespread religions are the Cult of Melitele and the belief in the Eternal Fire. Temeria is home to the headquarters and many commandeers of the Order of the Flaming Rose."
There is armor in second game for Geralt called Temerian armor.
Anyone who wishes to be considered an educated man rather than a common boor should mention Temeria first where the Northern Kingdoms are concerned. The realm's coat of arms is a black shield dotted with silver fleurs-de-lys, and its capital is Vizima, where the Royal Palace erected by King Foltest stands. The country extends its protection to several surrounding domains, including the mountainous dwarven homeland of Mahakam. Currently Temeria's neighbors include the mighty Redania, the wooded Kaedwen, and Cidaris, known for the truly pathetic poetry of Valdo Marx, a troubadour unworthy of the title, for he chiefly devotes himself to besmirching the work of other, superior artists. Two other places in Temeria are essential to our story and thus must be mentioned. Firstly, north of Vizima, near the White Bridge that links the banks of the Pontar, stands the proud fortress and walled town of the La Valette family. Secondly, further up the Pontar lies the small river port and trading post of Flotsam. Both will prove important to the beginning of our story...
- The term "Lilies" is used as a collective noun, likely meant to be derogatory, referring to the people from Temeria. A common phrase used by non-Temerian NPC enemies in The Witcher 2 is, "Plough the lilies!" The term most likely originates from the silver lilies in Temeria's emblem.
- The deeply rooted feudalistic, importance of agriculture and Lily flowers (fleurs-de-lys), as well as intolerance in some extent, recall medieval France as inspiration.
Notes & references Edit
- ↑ the king's name only appears in the third issue of Biały Wilk (The White Wolf) magazine, in Time of Contempt he is only referred to as "king moron".
- ↑ The king's name only appears in the third issue of Biały Wilk (The White Wolf) magazine, in canon he is not mentioned.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 in The Witcher game series
- ↑ Wiedźmin: Gra Wyobraźni
|Dezmod • Abdank (de facto Raffard the White) • Herman • Geddes • Gardic • Goidemar • Cedric • Griffin • Bienvenu La Louve • Medell • Foltest|
|Queens and consorts|
|Vinifrida • Vulpia of Brugge • Riannon • Adda of Cidaris • Berengaria Thyssen • Clarissa of Toussaint • Ragbard of Ellander • Hugo of Rivia • Sancia of Sodden|
|Other members of the royal family|
|Maria Pulcheria • Leticia Charbonneau • Amavet • Fiona • Adda of Temeria • Adda the White|