To start this quest, head northwest of Hangman's Alley to the hidden treasure location. A body will be here with a water-damaged letter on him. Read it to start the quest, which will point you to a location out in the waters north of you.
Head out into the water and near the location are a couple drowners. Once dealt with, loot the chest here to complete the quest.
Journal entry Edit
- While in Velen, Geralt stumbled upon a letter to a certain Molke. Figuring it was of no use to its addressee now, he took the document with him, with the intention of reading it at a later date.
- I know you don't smuggle no more. That you've set aside plenty of coin and ain't interested in the risk, just wanna enjoy time with your wife and kiddies. But I gotta ask you for a favor. We gotta move one more load - and it's the last, I promise. It's a simple job, couple of chests, risk's minimal and the reward's substantial. Please, do it - if not for the gold, then at least for old time's sake.
- Though Geralt was not really in the mood for a swim that day, he did so all the same, and it paid off... swimmingly. He fished the chest out of the river and continued on his way, dreaming of how he would spend its contents...
- Read the letter you found.
- Find the sunken treasure using your Witcher Senses.