Contract: Strange Beast is one of the witcher contracts available in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
- Contract: Monster on the High Road
- I need a hero. A man favored by the gods. Or a witcher. Anyone, really, who's not afraid to stand up to the ghastly creature what's been attacking folk walking the main road to Larvik.
- A reward's been set aside.
- If you don't fear death and long for fame in ballads, come see the village elder.
- –Thorleif, son of Bear Haugs
- P.S. Sverre, you stay home. You've done enough as it is.
Journal entry Edit
- On the isle of Hindarsfjall, not far from the village known as Larvik, Geralt spied some monster tracks. Where there's a monster, there's work for a witcher. And where there's work for a witcher, there's coin to be made. Geralt decided to look into the matter.
- Geralt discovered that the nekkers dwelling in the nearby wood were led by a particularly strong nekker warrior. Its presence had made the others more aggressive and daring. The only way to solve this problem was to enter the nekkers' lair and kill their leader.
- In the end the alpha nekker fell to the witcher's blade. Geralt took its head as a trophy and went to Larvik to collect his reward.
- Check the Larvik notice board
- Explore the cave (located just northwest of the village)
- Kill the nekkers in the nest to provoke their pack leader
- Kill the pack leader
- Take a trophy from the nekker warrior
- Collect your reward