Stained diary is a book in the Blood and Wine expansion. It was written by Marlene de Trastamara and details the symptoms she experienced after she had been cursed, but before her full transformation into a wight.
Associated quest Edit
Journal entry Edit
- For a few days now I've been having dizzy spells. I've never experienced anything like this before. If it carries on, although I can't stand witchcraft and sorcery, I'll have to visit a herbalist.
- The dizziness has not gone away. Worst of all, it's been joined by pain, so strong that at times I cannot see.
- I've been to the herbalist. A repulsive old crone looked at me like she had seen a monster. She gave me some cursed mixture that I have to drink twice a day. It's not helping at all.
- Today, like everyday, I looked in the mirror and I was lost for words. I usually check that I don't have any wrinkles or bags under my eyes, but today... There are no wrinkles, but I'd rather that there were. I have hair growing on my breasts. It's horrible. It's got to be because of those damned herbs...
- I went to the herbalist to smash her face in, but her chambers were empty. She must have known what would happen to me and legged it.
- My family is starting to suspect something, although I am cutting the hair back, which is growing back faster and faster...
- I've tried to put the idea out of my head, but I can't hold it back any longer. Maybe it wasn't the herbs that have lead[sic] to this, but a curse placed upon me by an old beggar whom I had to chase off one time. I have to find out. I want to hire someone who can find the herbalist.
- I cannot think and it is getting hard to write.
- Loneliness. No family...
- Eat. I want to eat. Not a good spoon. Empty spoons.
- Nothing. Eat. It hurts...
- Mirror. Lies. No.