Spottted wight is a unique creature in the Blood and Wine expansion.
Bestiary entry Edit
- The best defense against spotted wights? Stay calm and leave them alone.
- - fragment of a treatise on spotted wights by Roderick Giligan.
- Spotted wights were a subspecies of wight which the witchers drove to extinction. They were larger than their unspotted kin and owed their names to their numerous blotches and effusions. Spotted wights would most often dwell in derelict cemeteries and empty wildernesses, there they would indulge in their greatest passion: creating brews from their own emissions.
- When not disturbed, spotted wights would not act aggressively. If threatened, however, they became very dangerous indeed. In the colder months or when faced with an unseasonable chill, they would slip into a state of lethargy, making them easy targets. Even during their active periods, it is said the witchers found a surefire way of besting them, based around careful casting of the Yrden Sign - or at least, so claims witcher lore...
- Whenever on the one hand witchers swear they have driven a certain species of monster into extinction and one the other somone claims to have seen a member of that species walking around in apparent health, most likely we are dealing with a curse. This rule of thumb showed its worth with the spotted wight from the Trastamara estate. It turned out this creature was in fact a woman transformed into a monster by a curse many years prior, as punishment for refusing food and shelter to a wandering beggar.
Associated quest Edit
Combat tactics Edit
- To be added