In The Witcher computer game Edit
|Effect||Damage +100% inflicted on spectres|
|Price to buy||100|
|Price to sell||20|
"There is a mysterious boundary between the worlds of the dead and the living, one which is easier to cross for restless specters than for humans. To injure a spectral opponent, first anoint a blade with this oil. Only then will the weapon truly part the curtain dividing the worlds, thereby damaging the specter."
A blade coated with Specter oil causes increased damage to spectres.
The following merchants will buy this oil:
- The Order armourer in the Temple Quarter.
- The alchemist on Salt Square in the Trade Quarter.
- The butcher in the Trade Quarter.
- The baker in Murky Waters.
Oil. Increases damage dealt to specters
|Source||starting equipment / craftable|
|Price to buy||50 – 126|
|Price to sell||6|
Geralt begins the game with four of these. The formula can be bought from Anezka in Lobinden or from Master Myron in the Kaedweni camp. In Loc Muinne, the formula can be bought from The Incredible Lockhart, Marcus, or Felicia Cori.
- Witchers apply this grease to their blades before fighting ghosts, apparitions and all manner of damned phantasms. It is the most effective oil against foes of this type.
- This oil is ineffective against humans and monsters other than wraiths.