Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bestiary entry Edit
- Heard you have a problem – a monster you call a shrieker?
- Aye, prowls about, it does. Snatches cows and goats, mostly, but it won't scorn a man if it runs into one.
- — Conversation overheard at Crow's Perch
- The monster tormenting the residents of Crow's Perch turned out to be a particularly nasty cockatrice. Geralt was not surprised the baron's men had been unable to stop it. They could not possibly withstand the surgical precision of its strikes, which slice open arteries and provoke an outpouring of blood only the Swallow potion could hope to stop. Neither did they know to force it to the ground with a crossbow, a bomb or a Sign, and then evade its charge by rolling under the monster's outstretched wing.
- Just when it seemed the villagers would have to learn to live in the shadow of a bloodthirsty beast, to always look to the sky with fear, the witcher arrived – and put an end to the shrieker for good.
Combat Tactics Edit
The Shrieker is noticeably strong for the recommended level of 8, and will give most players a bit of a headache. The recommended level may be wrong, as an axe with a level requirement of 12 drops from the Shrieker when killed. As such, most players may want to wait until around level 10 or even 12 before taking it on.
- Attacks: A frontal attack (peck), side swipes with its wings if you are not directly in front of it. Divebombs when in the air.
- Weaknesses: Draconid Oil & Aard; Its back. The Shrieker has no rear attacks, making it easily its weakest point. If you can stay at its back, you will have a much easier time with this enemy.
- Strengths: Frontal attacks may be hard to dodge, as they have little delay to start and have quite a lengthy damage window.