Sarasti was a very old and very powerful Ekimmara resting inside an elven ruins located beneath the village of Byways.
Bestiary entry Edit
- We dug out a chamber. There was a beast sleeping inside. We fell over the props to collapse the ceiling, but it must not have buried the monster...
- Bytomir of Velen
- Raiders of elven tombs either get rich quickly, or die trying. The Aen Seidhe's disintegrating temples and palaces hold priceless treasures, true, but within them many a foul monster waits in deep slumber. Such was the case in Byways, where a few peasants, unaware of the dangers they faced, awoke an unusually dangerous ekimmara.
- The witcher knew this monster would be no easy kill. That the vampire would quickly regenerate, that its blows would cause heavy bleeding, that it was able to disappear into thin air. Yet he also knew he could overcome these advantages. He needed merely to use Yrden and Quen Signs and strike heavy blows. Oh, and avoid getting killed.
- The vampire had already managed to kill several peasants and a patrol of heavily-armed Nilfgaardians. The list of victims would surely have grown even longer, had not Geralt of Rivia, the White Wolf, happened to waltz into town.
Associated quest Edit
- He is very likely named after Jukka Sarasti, the vampire character in Peter Watts' sci-fi novel Blindsight.
- After you kill him, you get an achievement called Fearless Vampire Slayer.