Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is about the Quen sign in general. For its attribute tree, see Quen attribute tree. For its talent descriptions, see Quen (character development). For the ability in The Witcher 3, see The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Guide to Witcher Signs.|
In the game, Quen can be used to buy time to imbibe a potion, or regain some lost vitality by resting. Its effect is immediately cancelled by any hostile action. The icon for Quen is based on the alchemical symbol for Earth. The witcher's skill with the sign is developed through the allocation of talents.
- To use the Quen sign, just right-click as Geralt himself is the desired target
- Endurance is used whenever the sign is cast, if the overall level is too low, Geralt will not be able to cast the sign
- Lacking a Cat (potion) or a torch, the Quen sign can generate enough light to see in crypts and caves.
- Tip: Quen disappears when you cast another sign or attack an opponent. It is best used to gain time to drink potions during combat, to switch weapons during a fight, or when charging at enemies with ranged attacks. It is also very helpful to cast Quen and then power-up a level-four style sword attack.
Circles of Elements Edit
Circles of Elements dedicated to the Quen sign include:
Quen is a protective shield that lasts for 40 seconds at the sign's basic level. It is a sign that Geralt uses on himself that absorbs all incoming damage, up to a certain point - at which time it disperses and needs to be recast.
While Quen is in effect, Geralt can still attack enemies and use Signs, but he cannot regenerate vigor.
Upgrading Quen in the Magic tree will increase the Sign Level, granting increased duration, damage absorbed, and also causing it to reflect back 20/50% damage against the attacker.
If the sign is enhanced with the "Enhanced Quen Sign" skill from the Magic tree, then Quen can reflect the damage from up to three opponents (at level two).
The Quen sign is a simple magical sign used by witchers. When cast it forms a protective field around the casting witcher. "This sign can be the difference between life and death. Quen's basic ability is to cover Geralt in a basic shield that absorbs a limited amount of damage.
Usually this means a single hit against most equal level foes, but that doesn't mean Quen isn't useful. If you're using Light Armor, your Stamina regeneration can be so swift that you can cast Quen multiple times in a fight, keeping you safe from damage. Investing in Quen can make it capable of sustaining several hits before breaking. This scales with Sign Intensity."
Additionally, damage resistance is applied before the Quen shield is damaged, meaning that increasing your DR against a certain damage type is another way to prolong the life of the shield.
- In the short story The Last Wish, Geralt used this sign to block the attack of a Genie.
- The sign can be turned off by selecting it, sheathing Geralt's sword and double tapping the cast sign key.
- In the short story in The Last Wish-collection, A Grain of Truth, Geralt used Quen during his fight with the bruxa.
- In The Witcher 2, if the sign is cast during a storm/rain, it receives a bonus allowing it to reflect more damage back to the enemies.