Princess Xenthia's sword can be won in a game of dice poker with Skalen Burdon, after completing the quest "The Spear of Destiny". Likewise on Iorveth's path it can be obtained from the same source anytime during Chapter II. Prior to Version 2.0, a rusty steel sword was won instead.
Princess Xenthia's sword can be found at the following:
- Kaer Gelen in a chest guarded by a Katakan
- in a chest on top of the battlements of the Bloody Baron's castle at Crow's Perch
- Whoreson Junior's casino as a random loot item in the interrogation room's chest
- As the name suggests, this sword refers to Xena, a fictional character of a popular TV series, interpreted by Lucy Lawless.
- As of the Enhanced Edition, this sword no longer looks like an Elven blade.
- On the Xbox 360, a bug may occur where Skalen tells you that you won the Princess Xenthia Sword. However, you get a Robust Kaedweni sword or a rusty steel sword instead. You may also even get nothing at all (as of June 6, 2012).