Journal entry Edit
- The witcher had, at last, defeated the Beast of Beauclair. Her Enlightened Highness Duchess Anna Henrietta invited him to a ceremony where she would award him the Vitis Vinifera medal, Toussaint's highest honor. Geralt, famous for being one of the world's leading scruffs, possessed no outfit that would not violate protocol or be remotely suitable for such an occasion. In her generosity, the duchess agreed to fund a new robe. Regis, having nothing better to do, accompanied the witcher to the tailor's for his fitting. There, the vampire revealed the thought that was tormenting him. Nameily, he believed Syanna had planned five murders from the start. He wished to know the identity of the fifth intended victim. He suggested to Geralt that they investigate the matter to the end.
- If Geralt investigates the intended fifth victim:
- They first sought out the bootblack. The boy directed them to a poorhouse. It was there they learned Syanna had indeed planned five murders. All to wreak vengeance upon those who had caused her to be banished from the court and the Ducal Palace. The final victim was to have been her very own sister, Duchess Anna Henrietta. Geralt considered confronting Syanna.
- If Geralt confronts Syanna:
- Geralt reached the tower where Syanna sat confined. After speaking to her, he made his way to the ceremony, during which he was to receive his distinction.
- On her own behalf and that of her subjects, Anna Henrietta thanked Geralt for slaying the Beast of Beauclair and awarded him the Vitis Vinifera Medal. Thankfully, the ceremony was brief, so the witcher lacked time to demonstrate his ignorance of protocol and thus violate the majesty of the court.
- If Geralt convinced Syanna to forgive her sister:
- After the ceremony, Sylvia Anna faced her accusers. When Geralt had spoken to Syanna earlier, he had broached some sensitive issues. These now came to the fore, and a heated argument erupted between the sisters. Those valuing convention and decorum undoubtedly considered it an unsavory public airing of matters private. Yet my own heart inclines me to think it a fortunate turn of events. For we cannot know what might have happened had there been no release of resentments that had accumulated over decades. Upon quitting the palace Geralt rejoined Regis at his crypt. The indulged in some well-deserved respite while sipping Regis' exquisite (as they both assured me) mandrake hooch.
- If Geralt did not convince Syanna to forgive her sister:
- After the ceremony, Sylvia Anna faced her accusers. Alas, her interrogation ended in tragedy. Though her murderous scheme had been thwarted when her "murder weapon," the vampire Dettlaff, had been removed, Syanna decided to see the matter through. Feigning a willingness to reconcile, she tricked all those present and ran a hair pin through her sister's heart. Anarietta died instantly, and no one, not even the witcher with his lightning fast reflexes, could prevent it.
- A woman of great beauty, in the prime of her life, Anna Henrietta breathed her last at the foot of her own palace. As she died her thoughts went to the undersigned... Grief grips my heart as I write this, tears flow of their own from my eyes.
- The bad seed, Sylvia Anna, perished immediately afterwards, without trial or due process cut down by a ducal guardsman loyal and true.
- Geralt visited the crypt where both sisters had been laid to rest. Then he rejoined Regis to enjoy some well-deserved respite, aided by a jug of the vampire's mandrake hooch.
- Talk to Damien.
- (Optional) Talk to the bootblack during the day.
- (Optional) Find the shelter.
- Defeat the attackers.
- (Optional) Talk to Syanna.
- (Optional) Follow the guard to Syanna's cell.
- If Syanna kills her sister:
- Place a flower on Anna Henrietta's grave.
- (Optional) Put on a mask and gloves.
- Collect mandrake roots. (2)
- Return to Regis.
- Use your Witcher Senses to find Regis.
- Help Regis defeat the vampires.
"Good" ending Edit
Witcher convinces Syanna to forgive her sister and everyone lives happily ever after...
To trigger this ending you must:
- Go after Syanna during The Night of Long Fangs or Blood Simple.
- Read every entry in governess' journal which can be found in the playroom during Beyond Hill and Dale....
- Retrieve Syanna's ribbon in the Fablesphere from flint seller during Beyond Hill and Dale.
- Agree to listen to Syanna's story while finding the magic beans during Beyond Hill and Dale.
- Decide to investigate the fifth victim during Pomp and Strange Circumstance.
- Before the trial, speak with Syanna and encourage her to forgive Anarietta. Correct answers in order:
- Cause she turned her back on you, forgot about you.
- Ever thought to forgive her?
"Tragic" ending Edit
Syanna kills Anarietta during the trial. Though Damien managed to put a crossbow bolt through the older sister's neck, the damage the duchess suffered was fatal. Both sisters die in this ending, but you still get your reward.
This ending is triggered if you either:
- Opt to go for the Unseen Elder route in Night of the Long Fangs and don't bring Syanna to meet Dettlaff
- You retrieve Syanna's ribbon, but you don't listen to her story and/or don't convince her to forgive her sister.
Regis' fate Edit
Regis has to flee Toussaint for a very long time. He's probably going to venture south, to Nilfgaard.