In the game, Places of Power are (nearly) invisible spots where magic is concentrated. They are not Circles of Elements. Unlike those, Places of Power are practically invisible until Geralt approaches them. There is an audible roaring sound when he gets close enough to them which is also a clue to finding them. And finally, if the witcher medallion is set to detect magic, it will vibrate near the Places of Power.
- These places of power are indicated on maps with a blue dot.
In these spots, depending on how talents have been allocated, Geralt can perform different rituals:
Ritual of Magic All Signs' intensity increased by 100% for 5 hours. Ritual of Purification Rids the body of Toxicity and intoxication, it has similar effect as using a White Honey potion, i.e. nullifying any current potion effects in addition to detoxification. However, in contradiction to the White Honey, it does not nullify effects gained from additional substances or the Cat potion. Ritual of Life Regeneration speed increased, just like a Swallow potion, for 1 hour and 40 minutes.
Geralt can perform the Ritual of Magic by default. The other two rituals require higher level Intelligence upgrades before they can be performed.
- Left-click on the blue light source to activate a Place of Power.
- Choose the action you want to perform from the list of available actions, initially there is only the Ritual of Magic.
- Outskirts: outside the crypt, one inside the crypt and a third between the Salamandra hideout and the southern cave.
- Sewers: outside the fisstech lab, one where Gellert Bleinheim waits and in the tunnel leading to the elven ruins.
- Swamp: on a small island just east of Wyvern Island, on a small island just west of the brickmakers' village, and at the foot of Melitele's shrine.
- Lakeside: one near the lakeside south of the Fisher King's hut, another at western exit from the Lakeside to the Fields.
- Murky Waters: one outside, east of the Country Inn, up a small hill.
- Fields: north of the hermit's compound.
- Swamp cemetery: not far from the old mine, and also in Saint Gregory's tomb chamber.
- Old Manor: by the shipwreck on the way to the landing.
- In "The Price of Neutrality" premium module: one near the wyverns and one north-west of the camp.