Open Sesame: The Safecracker is a quest in Hearts of Stone.
Journal entry Edit
- Vaults are, as a rule, difficult to enter. Their metal-plated doors must either be teased open in silence by a skilled safecracker – or blown to smithereens by a demolitions expert. The unequalled master of the first method was Quinto, the best safecracker north of the Yaruga. The go-to specialist for the second was Casimir Bassi, a dwarf hailing from Mahakam.
- If Geralt recruits Quinto:
- Geralt decided on Quinto. Hans of Cidaris was holding the man captive, so Geralt first had to free him… though once he did, he had the impression the famed safecracker could have waltzed out of his prison at any time without his help. The ease with which Quinto opened his cell's lock boded well for his chances of cracking open the door to the Borsodis' vault.
- If Geralt recruits Casimir:
- Geralt chose to recruit Casimir to join his crew. Expecting to have to persuade the dwarf to abandon his idyllic family life, Geralt found himself instead convincing the dwarf to cling to any life at all. Abandoned by his wife, Casimir was set on exploding himself and his wrecked home in a spectacularly effective suicide — until he heard the witcher's offer.
- The safecracker you choose will make a difference in who you have to fight at the end of Open Sesame! depending on who you side with. Regardless of your choice, Casimir will choose to remain loyal to Ewald, while Quinto accepts Horst’s offer and betrays him.