After his stay in the rather idyllic village of Murky Waters, Geralt is forced to return to Vizima where there is now open fighting in the streets. As he and Dandelion approach the city by boat, they can see that it is now ablaze. After a brief stop on the dike to get his bearings and the latest news, the witcher heads towards Old Vizima.
- Surrounded by a low palisade, Old Vizima conjures the spirit of yesteryear, when even the capitals of powerful nations looked like the makeshift collection of thatched wooden huts, and their streets were filled with hens and dirty children. Relocating his seat from the old manor to the Royal castle, King Foltest began the long process of converting Vizima from a wooden village into a brick town.
- The war was merciless to Old Vizima's inhabitants. At its end, the area became something of a ghetto for non-humans — assimilated elves and dwarves were forced to settle where even the poor did not want to live. Currently Old Vizima is an area of skirmishes between knights of the Order of the Flaming Rose and the Scoia'tael.
- the gate to the dike
- the Field hospital
- Kalkstein's laboratory
- the makeshift forge (depending on Geralt's chosen path, he will find either Malcolm Stein or an Order armorer).
- Scoia'tael hideout (fairly empty if Geralt has not chosen the Scoia'tael path)
- Order command post (fairly empty if Geralt has not chosen the Order path)
- the Executioner's tower
- the Solitary tower
- a dark alley
- the breach in the wall (connecting to the swamp cemetery)
Destinations from here Edit
- the swamp cemetery
- the old manor (through the swamp cemetery)
- the dike
- the Temple Quarter, insofar as there is a gate, though it remains locked throughout Chapter V.
- Wolf's aloe, plenty of it in pots everywhere.