Talk to Hattori in his dumpling shop Edit
Upon wandering near the area, Geralt can go inside the dumpling shop and talk to Hattori. Upon accepting the quest, Geralt is tasked to meet with Hattori at the docks after dusk (he shows up at around 8:00 PM).
Help Hattori to make a deal with his supplier Edit
Geralt follows Hattori nearby where Tinboy and some of the King of Beggars' men are waiting. Even though the thugs initially said that there will be no negotiations, Geralt can potentially lower the deal down to 25 percent. Regardless of the outcome, they are ambushed by dwarven bandits, Cleaver's men.
Geralt and the others must then escape through the alley, clearing the blockade with Aard. Upon reaching the open, Hattori ran to his shop, probably scared of what had transpired. Geralt is then tasked of finding a bodyguard for him. Hattori already had someone in mind, Sukrus - a pirate from Skellige.
Enlisting Sukrus Edit
Geralt found Sukrus "conversing" with a merchant, and Sukrus' brother-in-law. Upon beating Sukrus on a fistfight, Geralt is invited inside the Golden Sturgeon for a drink. To enlist Sukrus though, Geralt must either convince the merchant to pay Sukrus or by destroying his goods.
- The merchant can be convinced when using the Axii option when Geralt is talking to him (40 xp); or
- The barrels can be destroyed, angering the merchant and some bandits guarding it.
Once the objective is completed, Geralt returns to Sukrus, agreeing to be Hattori's bodyguard.
Borrowing some supplies Edit
Geralt returns to Hattori but is tasked again to "borrow" some crafting supplies.
Geralt meets Sukrus and his men near the warehouse. Geralt is then tasked to enter the warehouse. Sukrus' brother in law can be seen talking to a dwarf guarding the warehouse. Surprisingly, the dwarf knows Geralt since he is an acquaintance of Yarpen. He can enter the warehouse by either bribing the dwarf (20 XP), using the Axii option (40 XP), or by just telling him he wants to enter he warehouse (if you sided with the non-humans in Witcher 2). Once inside, Geralt marks the supplies and heads outside where he sees Sukrus and Ernst van Hoorn arguing. Regardless of the choice, they must fight van Hoorn and his thugs. Beating them, Geralt is now tasked to go back to Hattori once again.
Note: Sukrus' brother-in-law can die (or possibly faint) during the fight but is shown well and good at the following cut scene.
Return to Hattori Edit
Hattori can now craft Master swords for Geralt. After talking to him, Geralt can wait or meditate for a few hours up to a day and he'll be given steel sword as a reward.
Rewards: Blade from the bits (Steel Sword), Unlock Hattori as a Blacksmith
- A witcher without a blade is like a potter without hands, and thus they are always on the lookout for skilled smiths to reforge or repair their deadly limbs. One day Geralt encountered a certain Hattori, a former master swordsmith who had transitioned into the premeade edibles trade. He decided to convince the man to give up this dough business and return to his former practice. Little did he know this would be the start of a strange and toilsome adventure involving Skelligers, dumplings, shady ore dealers and, I kid you not, crafting supplies.
- To a witcher, a sword is like a lover. He must caress it, care for it, devote some time to it each night. But as with lovers, there are times one comes across a specimen so superior and not one's own that one cannot help but consider replacing the old with the new. Geralt was fully aware of these principles, so when he heard about the legendary swordsmith named Hattori, a tingle ran down his spine, butterflies took flight in his stomach, and he resolved to find this craftsman.
- If you did not meet Hattori at the docks within a certain time frame then you can speak with him in his dumpling shop (in the circle near the docks with the large burning brazier). After expressing his displeasure he will reschedule, giving you another chance to meet him.