Notice boards are a very useful sources of information to a witcher looking for work. Geralt will find a number of these notice boards as he travels through the world. Typically, witcher Contracts are found in this manner in the game.
Notice boards are also where some secondary quests can be started. They also provide some details about current events in the Witcher world. Each game in the Witcher Series has implemented notice boards in relatively the same way.
Sometimes "one-time" notices appear. For example, in Chapter II, after all the contracts have been removed from the notice board outside the Hairy Bear, clicking on the board on Merchant Street reveals the following notice:
Actively seeking capable, open-minded swordsman.
Inquiries: Kalkstein, Master of Alchemy
- Right-click on a notice to read it and unlock a new quest.
Notice Board LocationsEdit
- Outside the Inn in the Outskirts.
- Outside the Dungeon in the Temple Quarter.
- Outside The Hairy Bear in the Temple Quarter.
- Near the Peddler on Merchant Street in the Temple Quarter.
- Outside The New Narakort in the Trade Quarter.
- Outside the Country Inn in Murky Waters.
- Outside the field hospital in Old Vizima.
- outside the Flotsam inn
- outside The Cauldron in Vergen
- outside the canteen tent in the Kaedweni camp
- at the southwest side of Loc Muinne's central square
Similar to their implementation in other Witcher games, notice boards in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt typically include contracts, quest information or general information about an area. Many of the non-quest-related notices on these boards will be re-posted if taken down and sometimes new notices will be added as different events occur in the region. Notices that lead to a quest may appear on multiple boards; once the quest has been started they are removed from all boards. These are where the notice boards in the third game can be found and the messages that can be found here:
These are only available with the Blood and Wine expansion.