Nibbles is a dark grey and black cat that can be encountered in, first time in Oxenfurt and then throughout whole The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and its expansions Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. That means he appears in Toussaint, Novigrad and even on Skellige.
This cat inhabits the same house in which Geralt of Rivia meets Tamara Strenger for the first time. Unlike most cats, Nibbles is not threatened by Geralt. Before encountering Tamara, Geralt and Nibbles will take their time staring at each other, as if a nonverbal conversation occurs between them.
- First appears as a domestic cat in the house of Voytek's brother in Oxenfurt where Tamara Strenger is sheltered.
- Watching Geralt's theatre play from the roofs of Novigrad.
- On a table during a meeting with the recently-liberated sorceress Margarita Laux-Antille.
- Mentioned by the sleepy dwarf Gaspard on the Isle of Mists.
- Hearts of Stone Expansion:
- Blood and Wine Expansion:
Character description Edit
- The truth is Nibbles was born as a filmmaking trick due to a technical necessity that came up,” reveals CD Projekt Red cinematic artist, Kajetan Kapuściński.
- When Nibbles first appears in the Family Matters questline, Tamara Strenger is walking down a set of stairs before meeting with Geralt for the first time, and we needed a diversion for that short period of time. So I sat down with one of the quest designers and we added a cat sitting on a table to the scene. We had it play a small role where it would interact with Geralt by exchanging stares with the Witcher, distracting players as Tamara would descend the staircase.
- Like many cats, Nibbles proved inexplicably endearing once the team got to know him. “To this day we have no idea who named the cat Nibbles, but we liked the end result so much that it became an inside joke in cinematics department. So we gave it a few more roles to play,” says Kapuściński.
- We never expected the few appearances it makes in Wild Hunt to be noticed, but we’re happy for Nibbles that they were. We’ve put that cat through a lot of life-threatening situations and it’s been there as a brave observer of Geralt’s story unfolding before players. Nibbles might not be part of some bigger plan, or a cursed character, or a mage practising the art of polymorphy. But he’s our little actor that started out small, and, through hard work, has managed to become the star of its own little internet legend. We couldn’t be any prouder of Nibbles!
Associated quests Edit
Notes & references Edit
- ↑ PlayStation Solving the Mystery of the Witcher 3’s Nibbles the Cat (last visited 9th September 2016)