Myriapodans are creatures which are said to resemble giant centipedes. They can be found in the vicinity of Lower Posada, if folklore is to be trusted. They are mentioned in passing by Dandelion as he tries to convince Geralt that there is still plenty of work out there for witchers. Geralt is not so sure. The mage Alzur is said to have created at least one myriapodan, the viy of Maribor.
- "What are you talking about? What civilisation? I crossed the Buina a week ago and heard all sorts of stories as I rode through the country. Apparently there are water sprites here, myriapodans, chimerea, flying drakes, every possible filth. You should be up to your ears in work.
- Stories, well, I've heard them too. Half of them are either made up or exaggerated. No Dandilion. The world is changing. Something's coming to an end."
- - pg.159, The Last Wish (UK edition)
- "And myriapodans! You come up all in spots because of them!"
- - pg.165, The Last Wish (UK edition)
- "Here in this Valley, said Dhun slowly, there be monsters in the past. Flying dragons, earth myriapodans, were-brawls, ghosts, gigantous spiders and various vipers."
- - pg.178, The Last Wish (UK edition)