"Summer sun reflecting in the quiet waters of Alba - that's Nilfgaard to me."Morvran Voorhis – Emperor of Nilfgaard of House of Voorhis, successor of Emhyr var Emreis and member of Guild of Merchants. He ascended the throne in 1290 and died in 1301 (that means he ruled about 11 years). His succesor is Jan Calveit.
The conspirators - Joachim de Wett, Ardal aep Dahy, Count d'Arvy, Berengar Leuvaarden, the Count of Broinne and Stefan Skellen - planned to overthrow Emhyr and place young Morvran on the Imperial throne. Although they were sentenced to death after Leuvaarden's betrayal, Voorhis took the throne at the end of 13th century.
The date of Morvran's death is not known. It is known that by 1328, the ruling Emperor was Jan Calveit, who rehabilitated Peter.
Commander of the Alba Division, an officer of the highest rank and a pure-blooded aristocrat, one who with pride could call himself a Nilfgaardian. He is also the most important general during Third Northern War.
Journal entry Edit
- At the time of their first meeting Geralt had no idea what an important person had been assigned the task of "asking him a few routine questions." Knowing the witcher, however, knowledge of Morvran's rank and status would not have made much difference."
- The witcher encountered Voorhis again some time later in Novigrad. There the Nilfgaardian general was taking advantage of the city's neutral status to enjoy the company of Baroness Louisa la Valette.
- Relative to Emhyr in both the paternal and maternal lines. Which greatly helped his chances for the throne.
- He carries the symbol of the Guild of Merchants which means probably that he and his father are members of this organization. This would explain why the Voorhis still exists after the fall of the mighty conspiracy led by Ardal aep Dahy. Berengar Leuvaarden protect its influential members of the guild, leaving the possibility of using Morvran Voorhis in the future.
- He is a good friend with baroness Mary Louisa La Valette.
- He believes that if Ciri becomes Empress, she would need a husband from Nilfgaard and that he would be the logical choice due to his family's connections with the Guild of Merchants.
- Morvran's name means "the ugliest one" in Welsh.
- He is voiced by the Geoffrey Breton in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.