Message from an Old Friend is a secondary quest available in Novigrad in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The quest itself references people and events from the first game.
Journal entry Edit
- Geralt stopped by a certain Novigrad book merchant whose owner recognized him at once. He said someone had left a book with him a long time ago with instructions to give it to Geralt if he ever got the chance. This naturally piqued the witcher's curiosity. Sadly, the book dealer did not know the book's exact present location, only that it had a red cover and that Geralt should look for it in his stacks of dusty tomes and manuscripts.
- Geralt found the book and, inside it, a letter from someone he had once known. Though he gave no outward sign of it, this filled him with touching recollections of old times. To this day I don't know who the old friend was nor what he had written in the letter - and that's a shame, for judging by Geralt's behavior, therein lies a very interesting tale...
- The right book to find is called My Manifesto - The Life of Jacques de Aldersberg.
- Read the letter inside the book titled Letter From "A".
- This letter is a reference to Jacques de Aldersberg, the main antagonist of the first game who was speculated to be the grown up Alvin. This letter finally confirmed the theory.