The solution to this Quest is just an unusual approach to a fight. Talk to the warriors next to the Arena, on the left. They will tell you the Arena is haunted, and ask if you can cleanse the Arena of the ghost. Go into the Arena and talk to Ulle the Unlucky. He will tell you that he is doomed to be defeated for the rest of his ghostly life.
To get rid of him, simply tell him to draw his weapon, then let him win. before you will take lethal damage, a cutscene will interrupt your fight, Ulle will get called to his ancestors and vanishes. Go back to the two warriors and collect your payment. Remember to visit again later, as you will get a share of the Arenas income.
Journal entry Edit
- Legend claims the warriors of Spikeroog had tested their mettle in the arena found near the cliffs on the northwestern edge of the isle for centuries. Sadly, an unfortunate recent event had led to the arena being haunted by the ghost of a defeated warrior. Geralt agreed to send the wraith off into the afterlife for good.
- Defeating Ulle the Unlucky demanded a fair deal of clever thinking, but Geralt managed just fine. The grateful arena owners promised him a significant prize as soon as fights resumed.
- Talk to the villagers about the problem at the arena.
- Find a way to send Ulle on to the afterlife.
- Return to the warriors.
- [Optional] Return to the Spikeroog arena later to collect your percent of the takings.