This quest may be started by speaking to Gunnar and Lydrik on the watchtower overlooking the arena in the village of Hov. They will ask Geralt to remove the ghost named Ulle the Unlucky which haunts the arena as it prevents any fights from being organized there. Alternatively, this quest may be started by the Bookie whom you have to speak to during the course of the quest Fists of Fury: Champion of Champions.
Speak to Ulle, who will tell you that he is doomed to be defeated for the rest of his life. To remove him, you must simply engage him in a fight by telling him to draw his weapon, and let him win. If you defeat the ghost, he will return in a couple of days. Before you take lethal damage, a cutscene will interrupt your fight, Ulle will get called to his ancestors and vanish. Go back to the two warriors and collect your payment. Remember to visit again later, as you will get a share of the arena's income.
Journal entry Edit
- Legend claims the warriors of Spikeroog had tested their mettle in the arena found near the cliffs on the northwestern edge of the isle for centuries. Sadly, an unfortunate recent event had led to the arena being haunted by the ghost of a defeated warrior. Geralt agreed to send the wraith off into the afterlife for good.
- Defeating Ulle the Unlucky demanded a fair deal of clever thinking, but Geralt managed just fine. The grateful arena owners promised him a significant prize as soon as fights resumed.
- Talk to the villagers about the problem at the arena.
- Find a way to send Ulle on to the afterlife.
- Return to the warriors.
- [Optional] Return to the Spikeroog arena later to collect your percent of the takings.